CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ohio State Fair!!!!!

Fun Day At The Fair!!!


Jacob loves trains and enjoyed this Thomas the Train exhibit! :)



Jackson and Jerod loved the super slide! Jerod is on the left and Jackson is on the right!



My dad did chin ups at the Marine Corp Challenge!!! He did TEN, THAT'S RIGHT, TEN chin-ups! The crowd was cheering him on!!! Only two other men besides my dad could do ten!!! :) And, the other two men who did ten, were young while my dad is 58!!!!! GO, DAD!!!! We were sooooo proud!!!! :)


Jerod and Jackson having fun!


Jackson cooling off!!! It was sooooo hot!!!!


Jerod and I had a blast on this ride! Jack wouldn't ride it at first 'cause he was afraid it would make him sick! But he rode it the 2nd time around! This is the only ride I ended up riding, but it was totally worth it!!! :) It goes in a circle sooooo fast that everyone to your right ends up squishing you!!!! :) Can ya tell I was enjoying it?!!! LOL!!!!


This is the 2nd time around w/Jackson! I am telling you, my whole right side hurt the next day!!!

Jerod, Jackson and I enjoying ice cream and seeing the famous cow made out of butter! Go, Ohio, #1 Swiss Cheese Maker!!!!! :)

Jerod and Jackson goofing off!


Every great day must eventually come to an end!
But, man, what a fun day!!!! :)

What a great day we all had at the Ohio State Fair! We hadn't been in about three years, so we had a real nice time! My mom and dad joined us and by the afternoon took Jacob home so we could stay and enjoy the big kids! It might sound sad that Jacob had to leave, but he actually wanted to go (it was his idea) and he had more fun being the "only" child w/Gramps and Gramsey! He ended up staying the night w/them and we ended up staying at the fair until eleven!!! Jack and Jerod had a fabulous time and it was sweet watching them! Jerod stayed the night again (this is his third time), but we love him, he is a sweetheart! Today two other boys came over and joined Jack and Jerod, plus I picked up Jacob! Stop and think for a moment (well, some of you have probably experienced it, so you know firsthand), but a house with "FIVE" boys!!!!!! Needless to say, a little wild!!!! But, soooooooo worth it!!!!!! They are all good kids!!!!!!
Fun weekend! Fun friends! Fun family time! Fun food! The list goes on!!!!!!! :)
I just also have to add on a more "serious" note! While at the fair, I ran into two little boys who had down syndrome. I saw them both at separate times! The one little boy was sitting beside me and kept putting his precious little hand on my leg! It was the sweetest thing! He had no idea who I was, but felt comfortable enough to almost lay his head on my shoulder! On top of seeing these two little boys, I also saw a young man who was probably anywhere from 16 to 20 or so! He was mentally handicapped! He stopped and said hi to me! Then, if that weren't enough, I also pass an older gentlemen (60's) and he was mentally handicapped as well. I probably am not making sense right now but, it was just really powerful!!!! It makes ya stop and think!!!! It was like seeing three generations, back to back - the little boys, the teenage boy and the older man! I guess it felt like God wanted me to see them! Like he was talking to me in some way! Does that make sense?! Anyhoo, it felt powerful to me! I wasn't gonna blog about it, but it felt like I was meant to! :) Oh, and also, I met a man (I was taking a break while the kids rode more rides). I got a horrible migraine from being in the sun. I had to take my medicine and take a break and ended up talking to a grandpa (there with his two grandkids). He was also taking a break, but wait till ya hear this!!!!! He had a prosthetic leg!!!!! From just below the knee his leg was gone! I had never seen a "fake" leg up close like that before! We got to talking and he took his leg off and showed it to me and how it worked and all! Plus, I find this amazing, but he had just lost his leg this past March!!!!! Who would think that 5 months later he would be walking at the Ohio State Fair!!!!! Amazing!!!!! I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with him!!!! I guess I am feeling like God sometimes puts people in our lives - if only for a moment - for a reason! Maybe to remind us of something, or maybe, something we need to learn! Or maybe, simply to bring us back to him!!!!
Anyway, I had a great day and so did the kids!!!!! :) And Mark got to go golfing at Foxfire for FREE today on top of it all!!!! Can't beat that!!!!!
More blogging to come!!!!!! :))
Have a good week!!!!!!









5 comments:

Miranda said...

Loved your pics, especially the ones of you on the Himalaya!!

I think the point you made about the people you met and saw and God putting them in your life as reminders is so true. You know, I really feel that the years I spent working with the MRDD totally changed me forever. If anything, it made me grow up and appreciate the lives and souls of people more and to stop putting myself first. Not to categorize them or anything, but I truly believe that that population of people are more blessed and more special than most able-bodied people in this world!

Soooo glad you all had fun!

Anonymous said...

The fair pictures were awesome! I am so glad the heat didn't keep you from having a good time!
I used to have an awkward time meeting people who were mentally or physically challenged, but I now am a lot more at ease. People are people, and that is how we should treat each other, always. I do believe God puts people in our lives for reasons, even if that reason doesn't become apparent for a long time. Sometimes I feel it is to bring us back to Him. We never know what God has planned for our lives. I think it is probably harder for them to accept us in our short comings, and they have little choice but to deal with us!
BTW, wait until those 5 boys bring their computers, their games,and their sports equiptment! The real scary part is when they start requesting special drinks and snacks!lol I miss that!
My advise..Grab on and hang on! It is unlike any ride at the fair!
Gotta love'em!

Carrie said...

Sounds like you had a great day.
Glad to see you updated...I was starting to worry about you :)

Amy said...

Great pictures! It looked like you loved riding the Himalaya! I am glad Jack got on and had fun!

Have you decided to send Jake to preschool? Jenna is all signed up and ready to go-I cried at Open House!

Hope to see you guys on the 24th at the Fun Nights for Kids at Church :)

carleta said...

The fair pics were cute!!!You guys always look like you are having the time of your lives.... keep it up! I'm with Sheila the time goes soooo quick.... I know people say that, but it really is true.... I can't believe my baby gurl is a senior this year! AHHHH.....
Well, enjoy every minute of it...