CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Oops! I Did It Again!










Preschool Field Trip
Today was the 4 yr. old field trip at Jake's preschool! :) We went to Battelle Darby Creek Park and learned all about turtles, frogs, and yes, they saved the best for last................snakes!!!!! :)) Now, I am not normally a snake lover, but when the instructor asked (after showing all the kids the snake) if any of us grown-ups would like a turn to actually "hold" the snake (yes, believe it or not, I qualify as a grownup, although sometimes I question that myself)! lol! I couldn't turn down the opportunity! :)) It was sooooo fun holding that snake! He quite quickly wrapped his body around my arms and would hide his face behind my arm! It was actually kind of cute! :) Maybe I missed my calling w/animals seeing as I love the zoo so much and now I am holding snakes!!! lol! Hmmm, what's next??!! Only time will tell! :)) Thanks, Carleta, sooooo much for snapping pictures for me!!!! You know that really means a lot to me!!!!! I appreciate it so much!!!! :) Thanks for riding w/me, Steph, and helping me find my way (we got lost)! lol! That is being saved for another blog! :) If I am ever having a bad day, my talks w/Steph brighten it up! Thanks, girl!!! :) It was a fun morning and we had a great time! :))
Soooo, here's to a great preschool w/great teachers and................here's to.....................great snakes!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!! :) Most of all..........................great fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))
P.S. The title comes from an earlier blog (archives) where I held a much bigger snake around my neck! We were at my brother's wrestling event and there was a wrestler named "Snake Man" who actually carried around a big snake! And, of course, I, once again, couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a hold of that snake! :)) If you haven't seen those pics, check the Sept. 2006 archives to see!

5 comments:

Miranda said...

Heather, looks like you made a true friend, lol. That last picture has me in stitches. You look like a proud mama, LOL. I'm also totally laughing at the people in the background in the first few. I can't tell if they think you are insane, or just laughing with you at a distance of course. These are funny. I needed the laugh after a LONG day of class. We've got to come up w/ a new "snaky" nickname for you. I'll be thinkin'!!! ;)

carleta said...

You are sooo crazy!!! lol.... I am glad you had fun! I thought the field trip was basically boring until Heather took the snake and I got to be camera woman!lol... I like the pic where you are holding the snake down by Jake and Brandon is in the front! His expression is priceless! I actually held it today, while Brenna was sitting in my lap! lol.... Kim said, "You Crazy Gurl!" LOL...

I agree with DeeDah we need to think of a snaky nickname for you!

aunt gigi said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You are either one brave woman, or you've totally lost your mind! :) I have this horrible, I DO MEAN HORRIBLE fear and hate of snakes. oooooohhh, I'm shivering here. I'm glad you had fun though. It really shows on you face. Whew, all I can say is better you than me... :)

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

You're crazy! But I love you! I had so much fun with you. Thanks for the fun car ride! LOL

I'll see ya in the morning! Talk to ya then!!

Anonymous said...

It is one thing to touch or pet a snake, I could do that, I might even be able to hold a snake, but there is no way I would become his best friend! lo You are right, you missed a calling! You look very comfortable with that snake, but I am with Carleta, a few steps away, with a camera between me and the I do nor fear snakes, but I do have a heathy respect for them! You go girl!