CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jackson's Ten Year Birthday Pics!!!!








Wow! I am just now getting around to blogging Jackson's 10 year birthday pics!!!! For those who don't know, his birthday was back in February!!!! lololol!!!!! Better late than never, huh??!! :)) In my defense, since his b-day was in February, there weren't really many photo ops at that time of the year w/nasty weather and all. I wanted to do outside pics, so I waited for a nice day in March and finally got some! These pics were taken at a local park. I always felt good about taking his pics when he was younger, but the older he gets, it is a tad more difficult. I just am not sure of what poses to do and all for an older boy. If anyone has any suggestions (cause I have been blog surfing and have seen some really great pics) - I would love, love, love any ideas you have!!!!! I have finally adjusted to my first-born turning ten!!!! Double digits threw me for a loop! My baby couldn't be ten years old!!!!! No way!!!! But mom is finally accepting it and, dare I say, embracing it as well!!!! :)) I hope I am adjusted b/c little brother has a birthday tomorrow and he is turning five!!!! Where did the last few years go 'cause they must have flown by when I wasn't paying attention! On that note, I read someones blog today where they said to "slow down" and "enjoy the moment." That is wonderful advice and worth passing on!!!!! Life does seem to fly by and, if we don't take time for the little things, I think we will regret it later!
Enjoy the pics and have a good week! :))



6 comments:

Stephanie said...

These are great pictures! I wish I had some advice on poses, but I can't think of anything great. Maybe have him climb a tree and be sitting casually in the branches? Yeah, I'm not too great at thinking of poses... Anyway, have a great day!

Brittany said...

What great shots! They almost look like senior photos (not that you need to think of him at that age).

Happy late bday! :)

Michelle said...

What a handsome young man. I was wondering the other day what my oldest would look like if I let his hair grow way long.... I really like that last pose, where he is kind of squatting at the base of the tree, very casual... Good job on the poses. If he likes to read you could have him leaning up against a tree or a wall reading a book, holding it down by his chest and a little out? Mine are too young to pose, I usually just trust to luck and try and catch them looking cute.

Fire Hunt said...

I like the photos

Anonymous said...

Now, now, from one promising photgrapher to another...there are always photo ops..even in the snow! (Michigan, Remember?) Of course, getting the kids out there to them may be a bit of a chore!lol However, you are geat at getting handsome pics of the boys!You are right. Every birthday is a little harder on us moms, but we get through them and wait until next year when we are blessed to do all again! I think I did manage to slow and enjoy the boys when they were growing up, but it still seems like the time just disappeared, and now hey are grown. The point you made about the "little things" is so true. We know we will remember the big things and holidays, but it is that little memory that sneaks in around the edges that will bring the silly little smile to our "mom" faces. Just a little surprise that was tucked away for a long time, that was prompted by the smallest thing, such as another little boy, an odd phrase, or maybe a smell. So, we do need to slow down and enjoy the moment, but we need to do that always. There are wonderful moments to be treasured in every stage of motherhood and in our lives. I pray that I am blessed to experience all of them for a very long time! I pray this prayer for all of you also!

Carrie said...

Jackson looks so grown up. I'm having a hard time believing my niece is turning 11 this year. Very nice pictures!
I love the changes you've made to your blog too...sorry I haven't commented for awhile