CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 08, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACKSON 2009




This post is a couple of days behind, but I couldn't let the weekend go by w/out wishing Jackson, my first-born, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! He turned eleven on Friday (Feb. 6th). I thought last year was hard when he turned ten!!! I have had a year to get used to him being a "double digit," but I am learning that as each day passes, it doesn't get any easier. He is growing up and I am watching him turn into a man right before my very eyes!!!! It is soooo bittersweet!!! On one hand, I am so happy to be his mother and be a part of it and I can't wait to see what he becomes in life! I see so many possibilities! He has the world at his fingertips! But..........on the other side, I am still somewhat sad (as last year), b/c each step forward that he takes, I am left behind a little more! That may sound selfish, and I don't mean it to, I just see my baby growing and............selfish or not, a part of me would like him to stay my little boy FOREVER!!!!! :))
I want him to know how very, very proud of him I am!!!! He is such a great kid and I am proud to be his mom!!!!
Happy Birthday, Jackson!!!!
Love Ya Lots!!!!
Enjoy the pics! We snapped these on the porch on Friday (his real b-day). :))




4 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday, Jackson!! :)

Miranda said...

Happy belated birthday to Jackson. Hope you guys are having a better day! I know yesterday had to be hard! I'm thinking of ya.

Fire Hunt said...

We would all like our kids to not growup but it is a must and a sad one to me also. Happy Birthday, Jackson!

Charity said...

So true! I actually cry each time they blow out birthday candles. It is kind of embarassing but I cannot help it. It is such a bittersweet thing to watch your babies grow up and become more and more independent.