CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 28, 2006

Alone Time

So - here is my question of the day! "?"
I am a stay-at-home mom so it is a rare occasion when I have alone time without my two beautiful boys. Wherever I go - they go too! :)
Anyway, Mark took the kids to the playplace Galaxy this evening and I get to stay home and be alone. YEAH! I am watching lots of TV (should be cleaning, but oh well). Anyway, I just miss those little boys so much! I want the alone time. I crave the alone time. The alone time is RARE! So - my question is - why can't I enjoy the alone time the few times I get it?! I find myself pacing and watching the clock and simply missing them so much! I suppose the answer is that I'm a mother and that's how us mothers are. :) We can't escape our children (and that is probably a good thing). Maybe it is the sign of a good mom! Hey, what can I say?! :) Gotta pat myself on the back when I can! :)
To all you moms out there - I give ya a high five! It's the best and most hard job I've ever done. I love it so much as well.
I think I'll go try and finish the last show I was watching before they get home (cause when they get here I'll soon after be wishing for that alone time again). LOL!

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Hey, would've been a good movie night then!!! You are a good mother btw! You're boys are fortunate to have you :))

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

Well you are a wonderful friend...a wonderful person...a wonderful Christian--why wouldn't you qualify to be a wonderful mother? If you are anything like my mom you are the world's greatest mom! I love my mom. Without her--I'm nothing. Remember that even if your kids don't show it--they really need you. You make them who they are and they need you every second. And I think its the same way with Mothers. I wouldn't really know because I'm not a mother. But every second they're gone, a part of you is gone. So you contiune to miss them more and more as the minutes tick by on the clock. You need them as much as they need you.
Ok...off my soapbox. lol I really miss you all so much! And I agree...we need a girls night BAD~! So I'm free when everyone else is. :) I hope to see ya soon! But its 1:20am. I need sleep. Good night!

carleta said...

Hey, Gurly! It was really good to hear from you! Yes, motherhood is crazy and most of all confusing. Everyone says it's Hormones when your so emotional in pregnancy well, I think it's God's way of preparing you for the rest of it! LOL...... OH, well... I miss you guys... Tell your mom I said hi.
take care..........