CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY, JACKSON!!!!!!!!!


WOW!!!!!! Ten years ago today, I was holding my brand new baby boy!!!! My first born!!!! :) What a wonderful and memorable moment that was!!!!! I will never forget that feeling, nor will I ever forget being pregnant w/him!!!! It was one of the greatest, best times of my life!!!! I remember the dr. placing him in my arms! He looked a lot like his mommy, but had cousin Taylor's mouth and daddy's ears! He was from that moment and continues to be one of the most precious things in my life!!!! I remember when the actress Heather Locklear had her daughter Ava (I read this in a magazine) - Heather said, "someone took my heart and gave it arms and legs." I can identify!!!! Even now, ten years later, it is like my heart is out there and has two names - Jackson and Jacob! I don't know how it gets any easier watching your children grow. I know people have done it and continue to do it every day, but I feel a "slight" sadness of the thought of Jack turning 10!!!!! It is a selfish sadness. I don't want him to know! He HAS to grow up and turn into a young man and find his way in the world. This I know, but it is soooo difficult to step aside and let him do this - watch him do this!!!! I guess to explain it best I will write a few lines of the Billy Ray Cyrus song, "Get ready, get set, don't go!" He wrote it about his daughter, Miley, but I think many of us parents can identify! Maybe you have heard the song. If not, check it out, it is pretty good! :)


Here are a few lines and they explain how Jack's mommy feels to a certain degree! :)

"He says things are fallen into place, feels like they're fallen apart.
I paint this big ol' smile on my face, to hide my broken heart!
If only he knew.
This is where I don't say what I want so bad to say.
This is where I want to, but I won't get in the way.
Of him and his dreams, and spreadin' his wings!"

"He's at the startin' line of the rest of his life,
as ready as he's ever been.
Got the hunger and the stars in his eyes,
the prize is his to win.
He's waitin' on my blessings before he hits
that open road............................
BABY, GET READY, GET SET.................................................DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACKSON!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))

4 comments:

aunt gigi said...

This entry was so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes. Always remember, he will always need his mama. God bless!

Anonymous said...

I just heard that song the other day, and thought it was wonderful! It really made me a little sad also, because I understood exactly what he meant! I also heard a song that said," you'll miss these times." I must have been in a weird mood, because I almost cried at that song! Later in the day I was telling a lady at the store about the song, and she started bawling! Big Time! I guess it wasn't just me!!!
It doesn't get easier watching your children grow older. However, when we step back and see what wonderful young men God has turned them into, a swell of pride takes a little bit of the sadness away!
Baby boys will always be in our hearts, but the wonderful young men will be a joy that fills our souls with pride and happiness.
I often see two little boys out and about and wish I had just one more moment with mine when they were little like that, but I wouldn't trade a day with them as young men! I suppose that is the way it is meant to be! So, if it is any consulation, you are on the right track! Just take it slow, and enjoy the boys!
I also have an idea about how to celebrate children's birthdays. I think they should buy MOM gifts, and spend time with MOM! Neither Luke nor Gage have bought into this idea, but I keep throwing it out there! I'll let you know if I ever have any sucess!lol
Give him a birthday hug from me...and take one for yourself!

Miranda said...

This is very sweet! And, just think, I got to hold that precious baby that day too!! I'll never forget that :)) It doesn't happen that often for non-family members. He was and still is a sweetheart. Hope he had a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

CissaLynn said...

Awwww, Emjaye, that was sweet!!!! I am glad you were a part of it that day, too!!! :))