CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

March Madness!

Yep, the ruler says "15 inches!"



Awww! Our little pine tree!



I love these pine tree pics! There's no place like home!



The snow is (almost) higher than Jake!



Jack helped shovel! And made hot chocolate, too!



Snow Memories! :)



The snow has come and gone and yet, somehow, the memory still lingers!!!! :) Maybe I'm just a little scared of a "repeat" of that day!!!! Although I absolutely LOVE my pics, I definately do not want it to come again - not this year or next! lol!!! :)) And, can you believe, we never even got to build a snowman, either!!! Jackson had been sick earlier that week and Jacob had gotten sick that Friday and Saturday! Poor Jacob wanted to come outside soooo bad (so, of course, I let him for a little bit that Sat. night). He only came out for a bit and went back inside while Mark, Jack, our dear, sweet neighbor, Dennis, and I all shoveled. We never did get back out that week to play and by Tuesday, the snow was almost gone! Some friends of ours went sledding that Sunday, but it was not meant to be for us! I am going to make sure the boys get to go sledding next year! I think they would really like that! :))

Our neighbor, Dennis, suggested we put a ruler in the snow to show how much we got!!!! Wasn't it crazy??!! I still can't believe it really snowed that much!!!!! I also never got to get out and take any pics, either! The only ones I got were in our front yard that night we shoveled. Even though I would have loved to get more pics, I think the two pics of our little pine tree are precious! We just got that pine tree this past April, so it was the first winter to get any pics of it! I think I will make it a tradition each year to take a pic of it in the snow! That way we will have pics of it growing from year to year! :)

Not much going on here. Mark and I did get the school yearbook finished!!!! WooHoo!!!!! :) It took up sooooo much of our time, but it is finally done!!!! We submitted it this past Friday. It feels soooo very good to have it done. I can finally relax a bit!

We got to take my niece, Gracie, to see the Easter Bunny! That was soooo much fun!!! Stay tuned b/c that will most likely be my next post - a picture of my boys and my Gracie girl! :) She is getting so big and she's such a sweetheart! Speaking of getting big, my baby, Jake, will start kindergarten this fall!!!! He has his kindergarten evaluation on Mar. 31st! It feels bittersweet to me! Sooooo, needless to say, this is going to be "The Summer of Fun!!!!!" (Actually, I think that was my motto last summer, too)! lol!!! You only get to be little once, so let's make it great!!!!!! Kids have their whole adult lives to worry about life and learning and all that stuff. I want them to have soooo much fun while they can! Life is too short not to live in the moment!!!! Soooo, that's what we are going to do, especially this summer!!!!! Live life to the fullest!!!!! :)) The funny thing is............I think I almost need it more than them! In the end, I benefit as much, if not more, than the kids! :)

On that note, I am going to say good-night! The snowy weather has come and gone and..........I lived through it! lol!!!! For the first time in FOREVER, I have been seeing the beauty in the snow! Watching it fall the entire day on Sat. was crazy yet amazing! And to see how quickly it melted was awesome, too! I still can't believe it melted so fast!!!!!

Here's a toast to spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been hearing the birds chirping every day and it is the most beautiful sound!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY and HAPPY SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)






4 comments:

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

I'm so ready for spring. Its finally getting warm out and I told mom on the way to school today that I can't wait until
I'm on my way to Circleville and I see the sunrise! I'm sick of rain and snow. I want the sun to shine sooo bad!!!

It was nice seeing you too! I missed going and it was a good practice for me to get up today. I'm very tired and low on energy and have a dentist appt and a choir concert and studying for a huge exam to do tonight! I don't have time to be tired!

Anyway...I'll try and come in to work tomorrow, but I may not make it. Have a wonderful day!

aunt gigi said...

I'm glad the snow is gone too! There's been so much this year, I've been hybernating. Good pics of the boys and the snow. Great memories. This is probably the most snow they've ever seen, huh?

Miranda said...

That was some C-R-A-Z-Y snow! I measured 17 in. on the top of mom's car. But, we had some big 'ol drifts on our front porch area, so, who knows what our actual total was. When I was young, I loved everything about snow. But, I definitely have a low tolerance for the cold anymore. I'm turning into a grandma.

It's nice to see you all enjoying it though. And I like your little pine tree. It definitely says Home! :) Just a side note...take the boys sledding b/c it's really a lot of fun, but make sure they are careful. We heard of a little girl falling off of a sled over that weekend and breaking her neck. They were pretty sure it paralyzed her! :( But, that's with any fun activity. There is always dangers. Can't wait to see your Easter pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Just think, if you all move up here by me, you can take pics like that 4..5..6.....9 times a year...or more! Not that that is a good thing! lol Great job though. They were wonderful. Jim and I have also been sick this past 3 weeks or so also. It is a good thing we picture nuts don't take pictures of everything!!!!