CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sunshine On My Shoulders!

JACOB!

JACKSON!
Last week was Jackson's spring break from school! As many already may know, we (Jacob, then Jackson and I together), unfortunately, spent most of it being...................sick!!!!!! As Carleta put it in an email to me.........we just don't know how to do spring break!!!!! lol!!!!! Too Funny!!!!! :) We did try and go to the zoo (my favorite place) on Friday evening for the Eggs, Paws & Claws, but it was what I call "a bust!" For one thing, it was jam packed full of people!!!! I haven't seen the zoo that busy in a long time. And..........you just can't enjoy the zoo (or anyplace, really) when it is that crowded! Plus.........we really weren't well enough to go in the first place. So.........we got to the zoo by 6:00 pm and left by 7:00! lol!!!!! Can't say we didn't try! Now, some of you may say we are crazy for even trying in the first place, but after being sick and stuck at home all week, we wanted to do something! We really don't even mind that it didn't work, it was nice to simply drive and be out of the infested house!!!! Speaking of infested house, Mark got sick the next day!!!! lol!!!! Whatever we had seemed to last a day (24 hrs.) and then is gone! I tell ya, tho, that day SUCKS!!!!!!! I haven't felt that bad for a long, long time and let's hope it is a long, long time before I do again! I spent the next few days AFRAID of getting it back!!!!! :))
The boys and I did get to spend some time w/Gracie on Saturday (poor Mark was sick). Our Gracie time is always fun! :) Then, the boys and I got to go to "The Cheesecake Factory" w/some good friends and that was fun, too! Poor Mark was still sick! lol!!!! I told him, at least I kept the kids out of his hair while he was sick!!!! When "I" was sick, the kids were home the ENTIRE time! No one took them away and gave me alone time! lololol!!!!
Jackson went back to school today after being off from spring break. I think there is only like 11 weeks of school left, so he is going to be counting down the days! Oh, not sure if I mentioned this in a previous blog, but Mark and I finished the school yearbook!!!! WooHoo!!!! Exciting stuff, man!!!! lolololol!!!! :) We are SOOOOO HAPPY to be finished!!! It was a LOT of work and, although some of it is fun, it ends up mostly being a lot more work than it should be. I admit - I put more time into it than most people would (I can't have my good name on something I'm not proud of), but even if you just did the bare minimum, it would still be a LOT to do! We have done it now for two years and are ready to hand it over to someone else. We will be ready and willing to help whomever takes over.
Well, everyone here is well (for this week, at least)! :)) That is good news!!!!! Let's hope it continues on that path!!!! It's all good! :)
HAPPY SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Miranda said...

I know what you mean about those awful flu bugs! They can get you down more than anything! Glad to hear you are all recovering, and just in time for spring. (even if it doesn't feel like it yet)

You know, I know this really has nothing to do with your blog, but your title got me thinking about a very special client I had when I worked at UCP. She was severely mentally retarded and very hard to deal with. No one else really ever wanted to deal with her, but I worked with her for a little over a year and got very close to her. YES, she tested my patience MANY times, but there was something very special about her. And, John Denver's "Sunshine on my Shoulders" was her favorite song and even though she could barely talk, she would sing this song and it would calm her down. I know it might sound silly, but it was just a nice memory. I really miss my clients there. That was the best part of the job!

Very cute pictures, btw!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Your pictures "ROCK"! Sorry, I am on medication! lol