CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Top Ten Books I've Read!

Okay guys! You are all gonna have fun reading MY list! I am not a big reader! Never have been, probably never will be! I do read tons of parenting books, but not in one sitting. I read a bit here and a bit there and I jump forward and then go back and read the rest later. I also read magazines quite frequently and find lots of good articles. I think I must have ADD or something 'cause I truly have a hard time sitting still for very long to read. You probably don't want or need to know this, but, like a man, I do most of my reading on the "pot!" ROFL!!!!!! Sad, but true!!!! If it weren't for the "commode" - I seriously doubt I would ever get any reading done at all!!!! LOL! :) Sooooo, a quick story from my past (and I get a kick out of this every time I think of of it) - and it totally goes w/this particular blog! :) Enjoy!
I am in the tenth grade at Marion Franklin High School. I am in the Honors English class (which simply means - more work). Anyway, our teacher assigns us to read this book called "The Great Gatsby." We are to read the book, and then write a two page report on what we read, and this report will be graded. Well, I, of course, back then, had no idea what this book was about! I had never heard of it. So.....................I go home and start reading and, big shock, I am not liking what I am reading - not liking it AT ALL!!!!! Sooooooo, I read the first chapter and the last chapter and I totally skim the rest! I don't have time to read something so very boring. Heather has more important things on my list! LOL! I then, write my report and turn it in! Well, you will never guess my grade - well, maybe you will ---------------- I got an A#!!!!!! Can you believe it?! It was so funny!!!!!!! One of my good friends (who was almost the valedictorian four yrs. later) - she read the entire book and only got a B on her paper!!!! I guess I am a skilled "skimmer!" What can I say?! And, sadly, I haven't changed much when it comes to reading! Oh Well! Good thing I don't have to read a lot anymore! :)
Okay - all that being said- here is my list!

1) A Tale of Two Cities
2) Breakfast at Tiffanys
3) War and Peace
4) Moby Dick
5) Wuthering Heights
6) To Kill A Mockingbird
7) Pride and Prejudice
8) Hamlet
9) The Scarlet Letter
10) The Great Gatsby

LOLOLOLOLO!!!!!! This list is totally a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't read a one!!!!!!! LOL! :)
Here is my "real" list - and control your laughing, please. Btw, Mark and I were cracking up when I read him my list!!!!! :) I almost peed "my" pants! :)))
1) The Three Bears! An all-time favorite that I still love to read to every child I am around!
2) Love You Forever! My sister-in-law sent me this book after Jackson was born. I cried my eyes out every time I read it! I love it! Every mom should have a copy! Especially if you have a son!
3) Of Mice and Men! This was a book that Mr. Barr at Teays Valley had us read in the 11th grade. For some reason - I really did read it! And I liked it a lot! Maybe I should have really done "all" my reading assignments, huh?! :)
4) Judy Blume books! I can't name any one in particular. I just remember reading lots of them when I was younger - and they were all good!
5) Amelia Bedelia books! Same as #4. They were books I had read when I was younger and liked them all. Jackson is reading them now and he likes them, too!
6) Charlotte's Web! Classic, what more can I say?! And the movie was great, too. I, of course, bawled at the end! It just brought back so many memories when I watched it on the big screen!
7) Bringing Up Boys (By James Dobson). Dr. Dobson's books are all terrific! I love him and all the advice he has to offer! Why can't "he" be my therapist?! :)
8) Chicken Soup for the Soul Books - easy reading - true stories - inspirational - and I can read a few while I am on the pot! LOL!
9) Dr. Suess - particularly "The Pale Green Pants!" Childhood favorite! :) Jacob likes this one and "The Sneetches."
10) Parenting books! ANY AND ALL!!!! :)

So.................this is my "real" list! Quite different from the first, huh?! LOL! :)
Now you see why we were laughing so hard! Oh, and one more thing - Mark and I were looking up "classic books" on the internet the other night - 'cause we couldn't think of ten! That is funny alone - that we couldn't come up w/ten - we needed help. Anyway, he came across "Little Women" and told me, "hey, here is one." I got excited and said "yeah, I could put that on my list." However, he thought I meant my "real" list 'cause, at the time, I only had "The Three Bears" and "Love You Forever." When I told him I was putting it on my "fake" list - we both lost it!!!! It was hilarious!!!!! So, if nothing else, we are having a lot of good laughs doing the Tuesday Top Ten!
Enjoy! :)

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Many comments, many comments....
1st of all, I, sadly it would seem, have read 8 of the 10 on your "fake" list and liked them all!! LOL Note War and Peace was NOT one of them!
2nd...potty reading is the best reading!!! I unfortunately have experienced many a legs and feet falling asleep during these moments. :))
3rd....I like your "real" list. Angie had the Amelia Bedelia books. Never read them, as I never read any of her Nancy Drew Mysteries, but I'm sure they were enjoyable.
Last...you crack me up!

carleta said...

LOL.... I love that you made a "fake" list. The real list is cute. I am late doing mine. So much going on blogging has been hard for me lately. I hope Heath is doing well!

Amy said...

I have to say that your fake list cracked me up! I was wondering where all of your 'mommy' books were on! Your "real" list is much more like mine!