CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

If Only!

Man, I feel like I haven't blogged in FOREVER!!!!! It is a sad day when Cissa is coming up empty w/not much to say! LOLOLOL! :) I do have a "slighty" funny "dr." story that I will be blogging about soon! It isn't as funny as some as my previous ones, but still worth mentioning, so be on the lookout for it!!! As for now, I am blogging about the Top Ten Tuesday list and ten people we would love to talk to who are no longer living! I think it is a great top ten! I am, however, still in my "brainfreeze" stage, so for the moment, I have only come up with two people! There are definately more, but I wanted them to be "right" so I am not rushing it. I figured I would blog them as they came to mind. Soooooo, on that note, the first two people to come to mind are:
1)Steve Irwin- The Crocodile Hunter! I absolutely loved this man! He was sooooo passionate about animals and probably inspired (even more) my love for the zoo as well. He truly loved and cared about wildlife and I think his show was wonderful for children! He also seemed like a genuinely good man who loved his family! I would love to be able to have met him and say I knew him! For the record, there was a contest to name the new "Wyandot Lake" that the zoo now owns. I submitted a "name" to be entered into the contest! I haven't been telling people 'cause I'm sure there were a lot of nominations, but I just looooove my own nomination! Not b/c I am braggy and think I am all that or my idea is all that, either! LOL! You guys know that I am not like that! I simply love it b/c I named it in honor of Steve Irwin!!!! Neat, huh?! Steve always seemed to say "Crikey!" That word has become well known b/c of him! :) Sooooooooo, my name is simple and sweet and in honor of him! "Crikey Island!" :) Now, stop laughing! I had other ideas, but felt that it would be soooooo nice to name our new waterpark after him - mainly since it is owned by the zoo! I thought about Jack Hanna and honoring him in some way, but it felt more right to name it after Steve! Oh, well! I wanted to tell you all this to show why I chose Steve as one of my "top ten" people to talk to! I am a huge fan and think he left the world waaaaay too soon! His memory will stay alive in his family, especially his daughter (she now has her own show)! I just have to say that for someone who I never met - he certainly touched my soul! :)
And now for #2)my cousin, Michelle! She passed about two years ago this past February! She was only 38 yrs. old and also left us way too soon! I hadn't spoken to her in a couple of yrs. before she died, but still cared for her dearly! I have many memories of growing up with her. It would be nice to be able to talk to her one last time! You see, that is the thing! You never know when it "might" be the "last" time we get to talk to someone in our lives! I, for one, usually assume that there is always tomorrow! I am learning that it just isn't so! From this, I am also learning to try and have a positive attitude! I don't want to be annoyed or upset with people - I want to be happy! I don't want there to be any regrets! I want to treat people kindly so I will know that "if" it is the "last" time I get to talk to them - then, that is okay 'cause it was good! :) Okay, I am rambling now and probably not making sense! LOLOLOL! It would just be nice to see Michelle and tell her I love her!
Sooooooo, these are the first two people on my list! Sure, there could be past Presidents and people in history to list, but they aren't the first two on mine! There are many, many important people, but they just didn't feel "right" to me! That is what makes people so interesting! We are all so different and what is "right" for one person may not be "right" for another! :) I love that! I love reading and learning about others! I hope you all enjoy "my two cents worth" and aren't totally "bored" by now! LOLOLOL!
So, that is two down and "8" more to go!
Stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Don't feel bad about your brainfreeze on this list. I am having one too. I've just been SOOO busy, I am only coming up with 3 or 4 myself at the moment. Maybe we'll just make this an as you think of one, blog it kind of list! That might be easier!!! Steve Irwin was a good choice. He would have been fun to meet. That was nice that you put Michelle in there too even though you already knew her and this is a list about people you would like to meet, lol...but that's ok, there are no real rules...we aren't grading. But, I can totally understand why you'd like to have the chance to talk to her again! I can definately relate!!

And, btw, Crikey Island is a good suggestion. I was trying to think up something for that too, but figured that would be kind of silly on my part seeing as how I never went to Wyandot Lake and probably won't go to the new place, LOL See ya

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you chose Steve Irwin as one of your people you would like to talk to! I was a huge fan and he is definately on my list! We have a lot in common!

I have a name for Wyandot Lake...
Emergency Island! That is where in June of 1985, I ruptured a disc in my lower back. Jim had to drive into the park to pick me and the boys up from the wave pool and take me to the Dr. Skully's office. Oh, the memories! Oh, the pain! OUCH!