CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Jacob's 1st Day of Preschool!


Sooooo, yesterday was another "1st" for us!!! Jacob and I started our preschool routine! As w/Jack, everything went very well! Actually, even better, if you consider Jacob's personality!!!! He woke up and was very tired, but still happy to go! He said he would sit w/out me and I hoped he was right! I am staying at the preschool due to the drive being so far and I feel it is best, as well, for Jacob at this time. I did keep telling Jake (to prepare him) that I couldn't sit w/him. I told him I have to sit at my own table away from the kids. When we got to preschool, Jacob sat down in his seat (I hear it is a pretty special seat) and once I got him started he said, "okay, go away!" Wow!!!!!!!! After that, he did really well. You can tell that he is still a bit shy and it will take time, but man, what an accomplishment for him to go off and be w/his class w/out me!!!!! He even went outside to recess w/out me tagging along! This is a huge, huge, big deal and we are sooooo proud of him!!!! It certainly makes him starting kindergarten next year feel less anxious (well, for mom, that is)! By then, he will be a whole year older and do even better! Sooooo, I am very happy that things went so good! And I am very proud of him! It is hard to watch the other kids run and play and have fun while your baby "wants" to go play, but it is harder for them to join in! Heck, even adults are like this! Some adults have never learned how to join in w/the others! Being shy can really inder your abilities in life! I was once way more shy in my life as well. I learned to become more outgoing and I hope to teach that to my children! I do think it is a process, tho, and it takes time! Every step someone like Jacob takes is a huge and special accomplishment!!!!! It is usually baby steps for Jacob, but today, it was one "giant leap!" :) Soooo, on that note, "YOU GO, JAKE!!!!!!" You did a fantastic job and we are proud of you!!!!!
And let's not forget to thank special teachers like Miss Carleta for her caring soul!!!! I hope she knows how much it means to us!!!! It was a really good first day!
Oh, and btw, Cissa made a friend as well!!!!! A little girl in Jake's class comes w/her grandma (Connie). Well, Connie stayed and we did laminating and had such a nice time talking! She was very sweet!
Plus, I must explain why I didn't have my camera in the class with me (Miss Carleta asked me where it was)! :) I "did" bring it - it was in the car. I decided not to bring it inside b/c if Jacob "did" go off w/his class - I didn't want to interfere and distract him. I was afraid if he saw me - he would want to come w/me or have me stay w/him. Believe me, it was HARD not to be taking more pictures!!!! :) I just told myself that I will have plenty more opportunities to take more!!!!! I just have to let Jacob get used to it first!!!! :) Stay tuned for more pics of both boys! We are doing the yearbook again this year, so I'll have plenty of pics to post in the near future!

4 comments:

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

I'll prolly see you Monday!!! I'm excited to meet the Monday class. I've been spoiling Jenna. Go figure.

And yes, you can have a senior pic when I get them made lol. I think Mom and I finally agreed on a few.

Well I'll see ya Monday!!!

carleta said...

Jacob did sooo good! He will interact with others in his own time! We had a little boy once that stood right beside us and didn't go play for about a month or so... then one day Bam... he was gone! It usually happens when you don't expect it! There was such a difference in him from last year when you brought him.He will do fine!! He even played with me a little :) He will warm up soon and then want to have all these little boys over who are all loud and rowdy and you will be like.... Whatever happened to little shy Jacob :)

Miranda said...

You are going to wonder who he is a couple weeks into it. He might surprise you and be your outgoing little boy!!

Glad it went well...cute picture!

Anonymous said...

Big mile stones in our kids lives, prove to be big miles stones in parents lives also! It sounds like you both did a great job!
The picture is so cute and he does look like he is ready to take on the school year!
Now, when you were talking to Connie, did you mean "laminating" paper or did you really mean.."lamenting" the children getting older?!lol
Hope the school year is full of fun for everyone!