CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 03, 2007

Fall brings some pretty fun things!

As most of you all know, I had an anxiety attack, back in July, over summer ending and fall beginning! It probably seemed crazy to be upset that early in the summer, but unbeknownest to me, it was probably meant to happen that way. Having already been upset, I am now able to embrace the fall season and all of the wonderful things it has to offer! I am also not as upset about winter coming, as I usually am, either! Sooooo, on that note, here are my favorite things that the fall season brings! :)

1)Halloween! This includes pumpkins and gourds and all that fun stuff!!! It is my favorite holiday! I think I even like it more than Christmas!!! :) I am known to dress up in my own costume along w/the kids!!!! Hey, speaking of that, I will have to blog some pictures of past Halloween costumes!!!! I used to co-ordinate my costume w/Jackson's, but the older he got, that didn't quite work! That doesn't stop Cissa, though! I still find something to dress up as even if it doesn't match the kids!!!! :)
2)Circle S Farms! I think this is one of the most fun places to go to during the fall season!!!! I look forward to every year!!!!
3)Renicks Farm Market! We go here every fall as well. We can spend a couple hours out in the pumpkin patch playing!!! And......it is really fun to watch Mark try and carry as many pumpkins as he can!!!! You pay a certain price (like around $12) and you get as many pumpkins as you can carry!!!! Believe me, we pile him up pretty good!!!! :)) Funny!!!! :))
4)Pumpkin Show! This is something we always look forward to as well. We have been known to go even in the rain or snow!!!! :) Good food, fun rides, and sometimes see old friends you haven't seen in awhile! :)
5)Leaves changing colors! It is always so beautiful to see the changing colors of the leaves!!!!! I want to get some good pictures this year (future blog material)??!!!!! :)
6)Holiday shopping! I usually start my Christmas shopping in October or by the latest November!!! :) This is a really fun time 'cause I get to be Santa!!!! :) It is so sweet to see kids faces when they open their presents! I really enjoy the "behind their backs" shopping and all the preparing us moms get to do!!!! :)
7)Cooler weather! Even though summer is my favorite time of year, I am always happy for it to cool down by the end of August! If it could only be "three seasons" and not "four," I could live w/that!!!! :) Let's just leave winter out totally!!!! During the fall it is nice b/c you can wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt (maybe a light jacket or coat), but it is soooo comfortable!!!! Not too hot, not too cold!!!! Perfect!!!!!
8)Arts in the Alley Festival! I'm not sure if this would have been on my list in previous years, but I really like it now!!!! :) It is Grove City's annual Arts and Crafts show. I particularly enjoy the arts and photos displays. I also love getting ideas that I can re-create at home! Anyone interested in going this year??!! :))
9)New picture opportunities! The fall brings all kinds of new picture taking ideas!!!! My mind is continuously spinning and coming up w/new things to take pictures of!!! And w/Halloween and pumpkins being my favorite, pictures are definately a priority!!!! :)
10)Pumpkin pie, sugar cookies, etc.!!!! I seem to make these things more in the fall season than any other!!!! Yummo!!!!! That is all I have to say!!!!!! :)

Now that school has started and things are getting underway, I am looking forward to the fall and all it has to bring!!!! I may even go to a Buckeye game this year! I am really not a football fan (I love the Bucks and want them to win), but I don't watch it! However, I may be going to a game this year, if for nothing else than, to get some cool pictures for my Buckeye basement!!!!! :) We will see! Speaking of my basement, Mark and my uncle have started working on it (they are working as I write this)!!!! WooHoo!!!! You will all have to come and see my new re-modeled basement when it is done!!!! :) We are excited!

I also just have to say before I sign off: what a BEAUTIFUL weekend we have had this Labor Day!!!!! Who could ask for more??!! What a wonderful way to say "goodbye" to summer; we will see you next year!!!!! And hello to fall; we have lots of fun things planned!!!! :)

5 comments:

Miranda said...

I have to say, you are very creative w/ your costumes!! I'll never forget Cruella DeVille!! That was the best! Don't forget to swing by our house again :))

We go to Arts in the Alley every year too. I started going back in High School when some of my artwork was put in their show. I try not to miss it. But, just found out today that Graters burned. I didn't know that. We always stop in there for ice cream. That will be sad. Oh well. Good list and glad you are as excited about Fall as the rest of us.

Oh, and, just curious...do you happen to have a blue long-sleeved tee that you can wear to our fall and winter events at the church??? LOL

CissaLynn said...

Why it just so happens that I do!!!! :)) LOL!!! :) I have a long sleeve sweatshirt that is royal blue (it is from Jack's school and their colors are white and royal blue). The Richard Ave. Roadrunners! :)) Too funny! I know you were joking, but it is funny that I really do have one! And I am gonna wear it now, for sure!!! :) Carleta will probably get to see it first when I wear it to preschool!!! :) What a lucky duck she is!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

CissaLynn said...

Oh, and I know, that has been sad for us, as well, about Graters! They are supposedly gonna reopen, but I haven't heard when. I will keep ya posted! :)

Anonymous said...

Halloween costumes were always a blast at our house, too! The boys would think of an idea way early, and challenge me to make it. I, too, have some wonderful pictures of Halloween! Luke won two first place prizes at Scioto with a Mickey Mouse as the Wizard and a Beetle Juice! I only ever bought one costume and that was a Godzilla for Gage. He loved Godzilla, and still does.
I was also challenged by a certain little girl a couple of years to make a costume! Kitty Cat, Cupid.
Well, I guess I wil go look at some pictures now!
Thanks for the memories!

carleta said...

OK... now we need to know when the first Buckeye Basement party is!!!

And I'm waiting for Jacob's first day of school pic lol....