CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Photography Gigs!

Hey blogger buddies! I have some exciting news regarding pictures and photography!!!! I have done a few weddings and taken some pics of children for friends in the past. Ever since my youngest, Jacob, has been born (he's five now), I have done these kind of pics a little less (just no time w/everything else going on). I have done some pics, but not a lot. Anyway............I just got hired to do SEVERAL different photography gigs!!!!!! The first gig will be this Monday. Jacob is in preschool and the four yr. old class is graduating at the end of May. I will go on Monday and take the professional pics of the kids in the caps and gowns!!!! WooHoo!!!!! :) Now, I must mention for the those of you who don't know, that I also took the preschool pics at the beginning of the year. You know the school pics you always get of your kids at the beginning of each year? That's what I did. It was a pretty good success and it was fun to do. Soooooo, they have asked me to come back and do the graduation pics!!!! Now, I also must mention, that the preschool teacher is a VERY good friend of mine who I love to pieces!!!! She gave me a chance to show what I could do and I appreciate it VERY, VERY much!!!!! It feels good that she wants me to come back and do the graduation pics!!!! Thank you, Carleta!!!!!!! :)
Soooo, the next gig will be on May 17th. I am going to do a wedding!!!! I am super excited b/c I haven't done a wedding in awhile and I think it will be sooooo much fun!!!!! Again, it is an old friend who asked me to do it, but I am truly honored! They really trust you on such an important day!!!! I always have lots of ideas planned and hope we can get all the shots in w/out taking up too much time!!!!! :)
Last, but not least, the elementary school where my oldest son, Jack, goes wants us to come back and do 4th grade graduation pictures!!!! I say, come back, b/c we did it last year. They must have liked our work to ask us to come again. We have done the school yearbook for the past two years, as well, so people have gotten to know us pretty well. It is a good feeling to know that people trust you and are pleased w/your work!!!!! :) Photography is truly my thing. I feel like it is the one thing I am really good at. I love to practice and learn from others. If anyone has any advice, especially on the wedding, please pass it on!!!! I would LOVE to hear!!!!! :) I have seen some terrific pics on other blogs which is really cool b/c I see that many of you share my passion!!!! :)
Soooo, lots of picture projects coming up this month!!!!! I promise to blog some of them for everyone to see! Oh, one last note, my niece, Gracie will be turning two this month (May 19th), so I will definately get some shots of her to post and show off!!!! lololol!!!!! She is the only girl (and my baby brother's daughter - he is eleven yrs. younger than me), so we are over the moon for her!!!! :)
Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!!!!
Love, Cissa :))

7 comments:

Brittany said...

congratulations!!!! Sounds like a good deal, to me! :) Have a great time with your "jobs" ! :)

Michelle said...

That's great! I love the pics you've done of the boys, you'll do terrific on these other jobs. I love getting paid to be creative, especially at weddings. There is so much scope for beauty, especially in the pictures and the cakes (which is what I do). You have a good eye. Be sure to post some of the pics!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! It's so great to do something you love.

Rachel Holloway said...

That is so wonderful! What an HONOR!! Congrats!!!!!!!

I would love to see more pics you've taken. Seriously think you need to do the photo a day to show off those amazing skills!!! (or in my case, just to document my life). :)

YEAH!!!

carleta said...

WOW! Check out the new "SPICY" blog! lol... Hey, I can't wait to see what you do with the preschool pics! And I can't wait to see how we do with the "wanted" posters!LOL...

Hey, I did finally update my blog!lol... I love the pics of Jacob on his birthday! It reminds me of the pics you took on the playground of the kids!

Well... g2 run so... take care and I'll see ya Monday!

Miranda said...

Congratulations on all your upcoming jobs! That's great. I can't wait until this summer to get out the camera again. I've been too busy to do much lately. I have fit in some watercolors, but that's about it. I can't even fit in time to blog it seems. Maybe someday I'll have time for the things I enjoy again.

Like what you've done with the blog. I couldn't update on it for awhile. My computer is too slow. Anyway, take care. Talk to ya soon.

Fire Hunt said...

Congratulations:) I hope you have fun!