CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ten Things To Know About Me!

Hey fellow bloggers!!! I hope everyone is doing well and having a good week! We are doing good, just seem to be busy along with everyone else! :) Last week was sooooo good, except for Friday (and one little incident can ruin everything - how sad is that)? And, actually, Friday was good as well, but I had one "minor" challenge to deal with. As I mentioned in my previous blog, we got the yearbooks back. A really good friend of mine helped me sort them all out - BIG JOB - and I took them to the school on Friday to put in the teachers mailboxes. Well, not to "toot my own horn," but I got some really nice comments. The teachers and staff really liked them. This is all volunteer work so it means a lot to hear nice comments. Plus, for one, we worked really hard all year to make it nice and secondly, pictures are my thing. I would only give my best to anything involving pictures. If my name is gonna be on something with pictures, that I did, it better be good!!! LOL!!! :) Well............I got nothing but wonderful comments until "one" parent came in to get her daughter!!! I had already spoken to this woman the night before b/c Mark and I "did" make one mistake! Some of the yearbooks were supposed to be "personalized" on the front (meaning put the child's name on the front of the yearbook). Well, we "accidentally" left about sixteen names off of the personalization list! OOPS!!!!! So..............sixteen kids didn't get their books personalized! So.........we called each family this happened to and explained what happened and apologized! Most everyone understood and was okay with it (we also gave them back the "extra" money that was paid to have it personalized - it cost two dollars more to have it personalized, so those sixteen people each got two dollars back). What more can we do, right?! And, believe me, I felt bad!!! I took this job so seriously and "still" made mistakes!!!! But that is life!!! Mistakes happen!!! We are not perfect!!! And making the yearbook isn't like a "real" job where you have "checkers" to make sure everything is right! I mean, Mark and I both checked EVERYTHING and voila - still mistakes!!!! There is just no way around it! So..........this one parent is VERY UNHAPPY!!!!! She comes in and gets her daughter and is waiting at the table for me. I come smiling and ask what she needs. She proceeds to go on and on about what she doesn't like - which is crazy - and I just listen. I finally apologize one last time, but she is relentless! I must stop here and ask, "What is wrong w/people??" IT IS AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL YEARBOOK!!!!!!! It shouldn't be this big a deal!!!!!!! Personally speaking, and this is gonna sound sooooooo conceited, but..........this was a fabulous yearbook for an elementary school!!!!! Especially when it was done by complete volunteers who, I must add, got it in color for the first time instead of continuing to stay black and white!!!!! I am just still angry at how this awful person could treat me like that!!! I have left out some things that she said (too mean to repeat), but after she left, I cried!!!! And I don't usually go and cry at my kid's school!!!! I am a happy parent! :)But.......... there is a good ending to this story! The principal heard what happened and talked to me about it! Supposedly, this "parent" is a problem maker!! They have trouble with her! The school secretary gave me a hug and talked to me about it also! It just made me feel good b/c I have worked REAL HARD to do a good job on the yearbook. At least the school staff saw that and stand by me!!! I seriously hate to sound so harsh, but this parent was so dag on mean, I guess I am still not over it! I can't believe she said what she said to me in front of her daughter!!!! And what if other kids had walked by??!! I wasn't going to have a conversation like that in the school lobby!!!! I just don't think that was appropriate! My mom and Mark said I handled it professionally! I must agree (except for the crying part)! LOL!!! Anyway, aside from the "lunatic" parent, I got many nice compliments!!! It got me to thinking tho, how one comment can seem to "erase" all the others! I had nothing but postivie feedback all that day concerning the yearbooks. Then, BAM, one negative comment and it was as if the "positive" things were completely forgotten! Why do we do that??!! If ten people tell you that you look great, why do we focus on the "one" person who says we don't???!!! Just something to think about! :) I had to mentally stop and remind myself that everyone loved the yearbook!!! One person not liking it shouldn't speak for everyone! Out of 20 people - 19 gave rave reviews!!!!! Wow!!!! :) I feel like, in the end, I learned something!!!! Don't listen to the negative 'cause they are only here to bring you down!!! Surround yourself with the people who are positive b/c they are the "correct" ones! Negativity gets you nowhere and being around negativity brings you down as well!!! Am I making any sense?! :) Anyway, it was a very hurtful experience. I feel way better, but I am still trying to "forget" what happened! I am also, I must say, proud of myself for not arguing with the parent. The only thing I said to her was, "I'm sorry!" And I only said it once 'cause I had already said it on the phone two times and I wasn't gonna keep indulging her and acting like I did something wrong! I also told her she was welcome to take over the yearbook this coming year if she wanted! LOL!!! :) But, of course, she didn't want to do that! LOL!!!! She just wants it done right!!! Don't you love it?! :) Oh well. Please say a prayer for me to let this go once and for all!!! I am really almost past it now, but I felt the need to write it down and therefore, blog!!!! :) I hope ya'll don't mind!!!! :)

So, on to my top ten!!!!

1)I LOVE pictures!!! I have them all over my home! I take way too many pictures, but I LOOOOOVE them!!!
2)I love photography!!!! I would love to have my own studio someday! :)
3) I love going to the zoo! It is peaceful there (even on a busy day)! But have you ever gone on a slow day?! Wow!!!! It is like no other!
4)I am married and have two boys! I would talk about my kids!!!!! :)
5)I stay at home, but consider it a full-time job!
6)I have babysat for many years and think I was pretty good at it! I love kids!!! :)
7)I am devoted to the people in my life!
8)I try to have a sense of humor! It can get you through the hard times!
9)I try to live a Christ-like life!
10)No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get organized (or stay organized)! :)

So, there you have it!!! LOL! The good, the bad, and the ugly!!!!!!!! :)
Thanks for listening!!!!!!! :)

3 comments:

Miranda said...

If I was a new acquaintance, I would immediately have a lot in common with you after hearing your reveals!! :)

On the woman who OBVIOUSLY has anger issues, you know, people like that should really stop and think about what they are saying before they say it. To be so abrupt and harsh over, like you put it, an elementary yearbook, doesn't say much for her character. I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate having those words said to her. I will definately pray that you are able to forget about her words, and concentrate on the wonderful accomplishment of your work. But mostly, I will pray for this woman, who I'm sure I'll never know, because obviously she is in need of real prayer!!!

I know this is a long comment, but I have a good Bible verse and quote for ya!!
"People with good sense restrain their anger; they earn esteem by overlooking wrongs." Proverbs 19:11
and...
"Every time you give someone a piece of your mind you make your head a little emptier." :)))

CissaLynn said...

THANKS, EMJAYE!!!! Your Bible verse and quote along with your kind words made me smile!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow,C.I could duplicate your reveals word for word! No kidding! It could be my RE-Do list
I have pics all over the place.Taking pics of scenery and nature make for a wonderful day. I even go out in ice and 2' of snow for beach pictures.The boys and I would go to the Col.Zoo 5 times a year.Matrried w/2. Still babysitting.Love my friends/family with all my heart. I think I have a sense of humor.I love Christ. I am constantly trying to figure out how to re-organize!!!
"I" think your list is awesome and you are an amazing person!Hmmm?

Now, about your school mom. Jim and I just recently finished a class called "Conflict and Resolution" taught by our minister at Lakeshore Christian Church (LCC), Walter McCutcheon (mrwalter.com). The best thing I learned was that some times, we just have to say, "I can see you are upset. I am sorry this has upset you, and if you want, we can discuss it further, later when you feel better. Excuse me." Then pray for her, because she is in need; but also pray that you are able to evaluate the situation and either resolve it, or just file it away as not important to the overall event. I think I might know where this incident will go. Remember, some people are not happy unless they are the center of attention. This was about her, not you, not the yearbook, and definately not her child! I think you handled it well, but try to walk away next time. You didn't deserve the abuse, and she didn't deserve the aduience.

Conflict and Resolution. Walter did a wonderful job, but it really didn't need to take weeks to get me to realize to do it my way, I am right! MEN. Had his wife, Sally, taught the class, it would have been one night!