CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

1st Day of School (2008)






Jackson w/his buddies Samer & Michael






Jacob getting on the bus for the
1st time EVER!!!!! :)
My boys started school last week after a nice, long summer. We are always sad for summer to end and the start of a new school year to begin. I, as the mom, have been trying my hardest to make it fun and positive! Soooo far, soooo good! Jack has been at his elementary school for the past 5 yrs. (k-4). This year he started the next school up (5th & 6th) so that was a new experience. While Jack is busy starting his new school, little Jacob is starting something new as well................kindergarten!!!!! Sooooo, big changes around here! I am very impressed at how well they both did this year! I don't always like the beginning of the school year. I like to be care-free and spontaneous and "school" doesn't really work that way! I have to be organized and "on top of it" as the mom, ya know?! I guess I have a hard time adjusting. I always do adjust eventually, but it doesn't come naturally. I am trying to focus on the fall and the holiday seasons. I am also trying to clean and get my house in some kind of order. I am most thankful for my boys and especially proud of Jacob!!!! He has been such a shy little boy thru these past five yrs., but on his 1st day of school, he got right on that bus and went to school all by himself!!!! He did soooooo good!!!! He is changing and growing up and it is amazing to watch the transition! :) As for Jack, I, of course, am so proud of him, too! People have told me how easy going he is and they are right! He may get a little nervous at times, but overall, he goes w/the flow. I don't think he got that from me (probably his father and his grandpa). I am a little envious b/c I would like to be more like that!!! :) You know your child is growing up when you see things in them you admire (the way you would an adult)! Does that make sense?!
Anyway, it was a good week and we are adjusting and the boys are doing real well! Last year I had an anxiety attack over the school year starting (and everything was great, so the attack was for nothing). Soooo, I do have to add that "mommy" did really well this year, too! No attacks and waaaay less worrying over nothing!!!! :))
Here's to a great start of what is going to be another great year!!!!! There are soooo many things to be thankful for!!!!! And........I need to remember...............take it "ONE DAY AT A TIME!"
Have a good week!!!!!
Love, Cissa
P.S. I must also mention that the boys started on different days due to a "scattered start" the schools have. B/c of that, I don't have any pics of them together. Jack started first (Weds.) and Jacob started Friday. :)










4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll bet your house is seriously quiet... My older two are both gone in the afternoon. 1st grade is all day, and the preschool is afternoon. My littlest one naps then, and I have no idea how to handle a quiet house. For 6 years, if it is not nighttime and I know the kids are in bed for the night, a quiet house concerns me. That's when they make trouble.

So this has been an interesting week for me! You'd think I would get some housecleaning done, but I am so busy getting nervous about the quiet that I haven't done hardly any yet! :-)

Your boys are such handsome young men. You are totally right. Take it one day at a time, and cherish the moments when they are still your little babies.

Fire Hunt said...

The first day of school must be the thing to blog about I did it to, But I must say I like your post more.

carleta said...

The pics are great.... Jackson looks grown!!! Jacob looks excited about school and the Bus!!! I am glad things went well... Hope I get to see ya 2mw!!! One of these days I'm gonna crash ya'lls Cardo's party! lol...

Rachel Holloway said...

Happy first DAYS of school! Glad you had a wonderful summer and are back in the swing of things.