CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

This week's update on Heath

Hey guys! Just wanted to give everyone an update on my brother! He got to come home from the hospital yesterday (Monday)! Yeah!!!!!!! :)) His metal plate ended up coming out b/c the infection would not go away otherwise. After taking it out - the infection is now gone! Thank goodness! So.........now it is a waiting game. He is to continue staying off that foot (which means bed rest and crutches and/or wheelchair). The goal is for his foot to heal on its own to be strong enough to function. If the infection does NOT come back, then he will have physical therapy in a few weeks. They say that will be painful as well. My mom watched my boys on Sunday and Mark and I went to the hospital to visit him. We were there for 4 1/2 hours!!!!! Heath was so sick and tired of being there - so we are all so thrilled for him to be home!!!!! As of today (Tuesday) he is doing well and not having too much pain - which is a good sign! So............thanks again for all the prayers!!!! We hope he is over the roughest patch and it will be better now!!! The poor guy deserves a break. I think I have a better understanding of people who are bed-ridden, though. It sucks and it is hard b/c your mind is still so full yet you are stuck in that dang bed!!! How frustrating!! Lesson for today: you never really know what someone is going through until you have crossed that bridge! I like this phrase that I have said before, but I think it bears repeating (I know I need to be reminded and typing it reminds me): Be kinder than necessary b/c everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. It is soooooooooo true! And I have been blessed with all of my wonderful friends!!!!! I love ya! Thanks for all the prayers!

2 comments:

carleta said...

I hope he really can heal now!!! It just sounds painful! The bed rest thing is waaay tough! I wasn't very good at it! I'm sure the physical therapy thing will take time.... but, it sounds like he will be recovering and that is the main thing:)

Miranda said...

Good to hear!