CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

The last day of October!!!!!! And, boy, did it go fast! Tonight was trick-or-treating here in Grove City and it rained the entire day! Me, being me, of course, kept saying that maybe it would be cancelled (and rescheduled, of course). My mom was laughing at me and saying that she has never heard of trick-or-treat being cancelled. LOL!! And she was right, I must say! Trick-or treat started at 6:00 and my kids and I were ready to roll at 5:55 - rain or shine! :) We had our big golf umbrellas and were ready to go! My mom and dad came with the boys and I (btw). So..........we go to about five houses and I suddenly realize that we are the ONLY ones out trick-or-treating!!!!! LOL! :) I look at my dad and say, "we are the only ones out going trick-or-treating!" My dad looks at me and says, "that's 'cause we're STUUUUUUPID!" And we both start laughing our heads off!!! For the record, after that, there were TONS of people! I think there were more trick-or-treaters this year than last! And it was a cold, dark, wet, rainy night! Oh well. I mean, come on, it's free candy!!!! You gotta go!!! LOL! :) Oh, yeah, and I have to mention this! There is one street in my neighborhood called Carlotta (yes, it always makes me think of Carleta)! :) Anyway, that street got smashed with trick-or-treaters!!!! They were everywhere!!! It was unbelievable!!! Well, Jack and I walk up to one house and there are ALL of these people standing there. There were a lot of people standing all around and there was a line for the candy! Crazy! Anyway, it looked soooo funny that I thought maybe something was going on - you know, something cool. In case some of you don't know - several homes in my neighborhood really sets some scary and cool decorations up. So, I figured that must be what is going on at this very packed home! So.........I ask a lady what is going on and she said nothing. It was totally, for real, the candy line!!!!! That is how busy that street got!!! There was actually a line clear to the sidewalk at this house!!! Insane!!! :) We had a fun time and the weather turned out to be real nice! Perfect Halloween weather!!!! It reminded me of when I was a kid going trick-or-treating - so it was a good night!!!
I hope everyone had a great month of October!!!!! In the morning it will be the 1st of November! A month of giving thanks and thinking of others and....................MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be expecting lots of calls, cards, well wishes, and, of course, money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! :)
More later!
Cissa Says: Good Night!

4 comments:

Miranda said...

That would have been so funny if you guys had gone home thinking they had cancelled it! Glad you had fun. Question though, was that a big Pirate ship on the road behind yours?? Just curious if you ran into Captain Jack?? LOL

CissaLynn said...

Hey girl! Yes, it was a very cool pirate ship at that house! :) They shot out plastic cannon balls! It was pretty neat! And several other houses had smoke and big, inflatable spook houses for the kids to walk through. It was a fun time!
And I captured Captain Jack and keeping him as my prisoner!!!!! He keeps telling me his name is Johnny, but I'm not buying it! :))

Miranda said...

You know what would have been even cooler??? If they were chocolate-edible cannon balls!

Guess I'll have to come rescue him from your prison!!

carleta said...

Hey what a cool street name! lol... Oh well, at least someone thinks of me! :)