CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Just wanted to wish everyone a big Happy Valentine's Day wish!!!!!!! NO SCHOOL AGAIN TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jackson and all of his neighborhood friends are thrilled! And, I must admit, I am kinda liking it, too! Jack is growing up sooooooo fast (he just turned nine)!!!!!! I like having him home with me b/c way too soon he will be "grown!" I am hoping that the boys and I will stop and take some quality time to spend together! Take advantage of this snowy time off from school! :) I have a "mean" sugar cookie recipe (you make cut-outs and everything)! LOL! It has been passed down from my great-grandma, to my mom, and now to me! It is very fun (and long) to make and the kids usually really enjoy it - as do I! I figured Valentines would be the perfect time to make heart shaped cut-out cookies and have my little ones help! :) I am planning on making a yucky snow filled day into something special!!!!! :) Although, to tell the truth, it is probably "already" special to Jackson just being off of school!!! LOL! :) And "already" special to Jake since his big brother is home to play with him! :)

I also wanted to let everyone know that I had to go to the dr. today! I know - I must be crazy! Of all days - why would I go out in this weather today??!! Trust me - I did not want to go, but I really had no choice! As you all know - I have been sick off and on for a week already! You name it - I've probably had it (I saved it all up to have at once)! LOL! Anyway, I am "finally" feeling better, but................on Sunday around noon - my right shoulder, neck and upper arm started hurting! I figured I must have pulled a muscle or slept funny, so I figured I would just "ride it out." Well.............by today (Tuesday) which is "two" whole days later and..............the pain is NOT going away! Medicine like Ibuprofin would help for a little while, but............a couple hrs. later and the pain would come right back. By today - I just couldn't take it anymore! I had to pretty much lay down b/c it was starting to hurt just to walk and when I "did" walk or sit or stand - I had to walk w/my head to the side! Kinda hard taking care of kids or trying to do any cleaning w/your head tilted to the side! LOLOLOL!!!!! :) So................I call my dr. who, fortunately, is just about a mile away, and go to his office this afternoon! Lucky me - I get to experience the "rain/snow" b/c, you know, I wouldn't want to miss driving in that! LOL! Long story short - the dr. had me lay down on my back and cross my arms over my "boobs" (which, thank goodness, I did cover my "boobs") 'cause he leans completely over me - his arms over mine) and turns me toward him and "cracks" my back!!!!!! Then, he repeats the procedure on the other side! If I wasn't in sooooooo much pain, this would be very FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But.............I hurt sooooooo bad in my shoulder area - that I do not even care!!!!!! :) Then, he stands behind me, and "twists" my whole head to one side and then, of course, "twists" it again the "other" way! Again, this whole experience might have been 1)embarassing and/or 2)very painful, but, to be honest, it felt GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!! I asked him if he would come to my house and make house-calls!!! ROFL!!!!! He replies with "how much $ would he make" (joking) and I say "well, you would do it "free" out of the kindness of your heart!!!!" Sooooooooo, even in my pain, I can act doofus and make people laugh, I guess! LOL! It was all too funny! Oh, btw, I did get two prescriptions which I plan to use "all" up very quickly! LOL! He prescribed me Vicadin and some kind of muscle relaxant. I will tell ya that I have a pretty high tolerance for drugs, but that muscle relaxant totally knocked me out...............cold!!!!! :) And.................my pain came back "again" after a couple of hrs!!! But........even getting a couple hrs. of relief and being able to sleep was wonderful!!!!! The dr. said I probably slept funny and I should feel better in a few days (like by Friday). If not, then we will run some x-rays, but neither he or I felt it was necessary at this point! So, that is good! Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers! Thanks! I am so tired of not feeling good! I have decided, though, that as soon as I feel better - I am gonna start taking better care of myself! I have never been motivated to exercise, but after not feeling good for so long, I have no excuse! I need to be healthy and take care of myself - if not for me, then for my family! So...........maybe me getting sick is a blessing in disguise b/c I doubt I would have changed any other way! Sometimes it takes a "train" to knock us off our feet for us to see something right in our face!!!!! :)
For the record (to get even more sympathy) - I watched "six" kids today even in my pain! Go, Heather!!!!! And, if you read my previous blog about my sister, you will get a laugh out of this: I got the three older boys to scrape the snow off of my car!!!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!! They thought it was fun and I got out of doing it! At least, for once in my life, I have an excuse this time since I was in pain, but it is still funny! You can get kids to do anything! :)
Also, one more funny conversation I had w/the dr.! :) When he was getting the "kink" out of my neck - he would say - "there it goes" - like he "knew" my neck had popped! But, I was curious how he just seemed to know! I mean, there was no "loud popping noise" or anything - I could just feel it, ya know? So, I ask him when he is done how he knew what he was doing? He simply smiled and said - well, I went to school for a LONG time, so that probably helps! LOLOLOL!!! I think people are just looking for ways to embarass me or I must just talk w/out thinking 'cause it follows me wherever I go!!!! :) He did say later that drs. can tell by "feeling the muscles" if it is working. So............anyhoo, that is my story for today!
NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are out traveling - take it easy and go slow! I slid a couple of times today myself! So................be careful!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do something nice for someone! Make it a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will feel so good! :)

6 comments:

Miranda said...

++ ++
+ + +
+ +
+

Miranda said...

LOL, sorry a/b that comment...long story

Happy Valentines to you too!

carleta said...

<3 <3 <3

Happy Valentines Day!!!!

Miranda said...

One of these days, I want to go to a dr. appt. w/ you b/c I think it would be GREAT entertainment!

The funny thing is I think you don't realize how funny the situation is until after your done and start rethinking what happened. Then you realize how hysterical everything was.

I'm so laughing right now!

carleta said...

We all want to go to that appointment! LOL...Heather, you are great cause you just ask the questions that everyone else wants to ask but, wouldn't dare! You are too cute!

Carrie said...

Hey, I just want a dr with a sense of humor!! Hope you feel better!