CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Sister (The One & Only)!

Appropriate title, I think! :) I am sitting here thinking of what to blog. I have pictures to show, but Mark has already gone to bed and...................I have no idea how to post them on my own! Well, technically, I have a "small" idea, but not enough to actually publish them for anyone to see. So..............that will be saved for tomorrow - stay tuned! So............what in the world should I blog about?! I started thinking that I haven't even mentioned my sister in my blog all of this time! Truthfully, she probably likes it that way! But what are sisters for??!! That is right! I am gonna have to mention her at least once for my blog to be, well, "my blog!" My sister is five years younger than me and she is the "only" sister I have! Although we are very different in many ways, I think we are also very alike in others! I feel very lucky to have a sister! My brother said he always wished he had a brother. I think it is nice to have a sibling that is the same gender! It certainly was nice "picking" on her all of those years many moons ago! LOL!!!! I have lots of stories to tell where that is concerned! Here is a small excerpt for ya: whenever I wanted or needed something and didn't want to go and get it myself - I would tell my sister (and brother, too) to come and play a game with me. I would tell them that I wanted to see how fast they could go and get (whatever I wanted at the time) for me! I would "count" and see how fast they could go! I tell ya....................it worked every time and I must admit.................I still use this little "game" on my kids (any kids actually) as well! LOLOLOL!!!!!!! Anyway, what exactly is a sister is for! The first thing that comes to mind is this: no matter how many times you fight or argue - a sister is always there!!!!!! A sister remembers the things from your childhood (the good and the bad) and you can laugh about them now! :) You can talk to your sister about all the things your parents did right.........and wrong! LOL! When you have a sister, you simply know that one more person in your life loves you ----- for you! :)
I have to say two things in honor of my sister! :) First, it will be her birthday on Tuesday, the 13th, so.......................HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HEIDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And second, I hope she knows how truly proud I am of her!!!!!!!! She just got her masters degree this past year! HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!!! And she is a fantastic teacher!!!!!! She doesn't get enought credit for all the good things she does!!!!!
Have a great b-day, Heidi!!!!! Love ya lots!!!!!!! :)

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I hope she reads your blog and the comments. You said some nice things! Tell her "Happy B-day"!

carleta said...

Awww.... that was soooo sweet!!! I know what you mean! I have a sister to! We don't get to see each other anymore but, when we talk it is just like we had just seen each other.... The funny thing is.... she is adopted from Korea, and we sound just alike except she has a Texas accent LOL!!! Oh well, siblings are one of God's greatest gifts.... To bad it takes so long for some to realize that!(hint hint .... Dallas & Steph)