CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas To All!

And to all a good night!!!!! :) It is officially December 26th and Christmas is over! Although it is always nice - I am glad to see it end! This time of year just seems so hard on so many people! For many - it is a happy occasion, but for far many more - it is sad! Plus, and I am guilty of this myself, but we, as a society, indulge our little ones way too much!! Sooooo, I am here today, writing it down ('cause they say it makes a difference) - but my goal for the new year is to do better! Now, I know this must sound a tiny bit vague, but it really isn't. I want to do better in all aspects of my life! I want to be a better wife, a better mother, a better daughter, a better sister, a better friend, etc. I want to eat better and exercise better. I want better health and better weight. I want to be in a better financial situation. I want to cook better and shop better. I want to have a better relationship w/the Lord!!! Soooooo, I think you get the picture! LOL! :) I am not expecting to be perfect or anything. I just want to try harder! I want to listen more and talk less! And my main goal hasn't changed one single bit - and that is to HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!! I want to always be smiling! I am going to hang up a picture of Steve Irwin b/c he is going to be my inspiration for this New Year's goal!!!!! His wife, Terri, in an interview, said that he was always fun! He taught her how to jump in mud puddles and run and play in the rain!!!!! I think that is simply profound!!!!! And I want to always be looking for the fun in life!!!! (B/c there is so much heartache and I want to enjoy the fun parts when they are right in front of me)!!!!!
Soooooo, I am writing it down so I can always be reminded of my words today! I will not be perfect, but trying to do "better" and having "fun" while trying! :))
Here's to a New Year to all of us!!!!!! May it bring great things!!!!!!!!!!!! And remember - sometimes great things come in small packages!!!!!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love ya!

4 comments:

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

Heather you are too cute!

If you're not perfect (like Heather and I...) I think we could all try harder!

Good blog Heather. Very Inspirational...I needed it.

Miranda said...

You go girl!

carleta said...

Well, I don't know if you have been having fun or not, but your blogs always bring a smile to my face! And the comments you leave are always so fun!!! So see, you are already doing that one!!! Everyone could always improve but, you are doing a great job now! Take care and we love ya!

Amy said...

I am glad Heith is doing better. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I am sure the boys had fun. It is definitely the truth that we indulge our little ones a little too much! I overheard people today talking about how their kids had way too much, and how they didn't have that when they were little. I guess that it is true, but then I think, oh well, they are only little once, and they deserve to be spoiled! You have a lot of good goals. Maybe we can help each other learn to cook better! :)