CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Another Update On My Brother

Hey guys! Well, I was in Circleville pretty much the whole day yesterday (came home for an hour to change and then right back again). Anyway, Heath was supposed to have his foot surgery yesterday by 3:00 p.m. He ended up not having it, but we (and he) were all understanding. I guess a little old lady came in the ER screaming and moaning. She had fallen and broke her hip and/or leg. She was in lots of pain and her surgery took like 5 hours!!!! By the time the dr. was finished, he told Heath they should wait till this morning. The dr. was exhausted and needed to rest. And I myself would prefer a "fresh" doctor working on one of my family members (anyone else can have a tired dr)! :) LOL!!!! Just kidding. I think ANYONE would want a "fresh" doctor!!!! Sooooo.......Heath had his foot surgery this morning and all went well. The dr. left the metal plate in his foot for now. He is going to wait and see how things go. Heath may need a 2nd surgery again on Sunday!!!!!! Whew!!!!! That is pretty much all we know for now. It is a waiting game for the next couple of days. And to make things worse - Heath's girlfriend, Stacey, had a "boil" on her back. Some of you may be thinking "what?" My dad gets them. A boil is basically a big sore and it is very painful. You usually have to get them removed by the dr. and that hurts too! The dr. will lance it and then pack it and leave a string hanging out (I know - GROSS). Then you go home (it is done in the office fairly quickly) and after a couple days - you pull the string - ever so gently - and remove the packing. I just know my dad winces when he gets one. It hurts before, during and after. And boils can be reoccurring which means you can get one or two a year!!! So.........Heath and Stacey need a lot of prayer!!!!!!
Sorry to be so vivid! I hope I didn't gross anyone out! LOL! :)
Thanks for caring!
Love ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just realized that some of you may be wondering why my brother is having surgery AGAIN!!! Well, he has been real sick and getting high fevers. It turns out he has a staph infection most likely caused by the metal plate they put in. His body is rejecting it. He may have to have surgery again on Sunday, too! The dr. is keeping him at the hospital to wait and see how everything goes. So........just wanted to let you all know. Thanks so much!!! Hope all is well with everybody else! :)

2 comments:

carleta said...

Sorry, Heath is having such a hard time! Hopefully everything will go good and he won't need the other surgery! Take care you are all in our prayers!

Miranda said...

try to keep smiling!! thinking of you all