CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Lawn Mower

Okay - here goes my lawn mower story that just happened yesterday. First off - you must have the details - Mark and I were in Circleville for most of the day (for my brother's wrestling event). Heath is still in a wheelchair and sometimes uses crutches. My mom watched my kids all day and Jacob stayed the night with her. Jackson came down to Circleville around seven in the evening with my dad for the big wrestling event! :) Mark and I had to be there early to set photography equipment up. We were the official photographer and also Mark videotaped the matches. I photographed most every wrestler beforehand and then took TONS of photos during the match (I almost got my face slammed many times due to getting too close, but that is another story altogether)! LOL! So.........here comes lawn mower story (which doesn't really have anything to do with anything I just told ya)! ROFL!!!! I just had to let you know the kind of day Mark and I were already having! It wasn't a bad day - just very long and a lot of work! We didn't get home until after midnight! So.........Mark and I get a "little" break after setting up our equipment and before we actually start taking photos. So.........Mark decides we should stop at Lowe's to look for lawn mowers (our mower that we have had for almost nine years finally quit)! Mark hasn't had much luck finding a new one (time of year I guess). He hadn't had a chance to look at Lowe's so that is what we did on our break! What fun, huh?! So.......we come all the way back to Grove City to Lowe's and walk in. Right there not too far from the door are VOILA.........lawn mowers!!!!! And some are for sale on top of that! Yeah, I say!!!! So, we find one that was a "return" from a previous buyer and Lowe's fixed it and put it back on the floor - only they sale it for less due to it being a return. It was $168 (originally $279) - not bad. But there was one that a "kid" (he was maybe 20) - he worked there and was bringing out another used one. Now this used one was a better more expensive one so they were asking $279 for it (originally $379) - not bad again. Well, I knew Mark liked the 2nd one so I go and say to the kid: can the price come down any lower?! Now remember it is already $100 dollars off at $279! The kid says no way! I say are ya sure 'cause I would really like this one (more expensive one), but I was hoping maybe you could come down on the price. He kept grinning and saying no ever so nicely. I finally ask him what the manager would say and at first the kid said his manager would say no. But, alas, I get the "kid" to call his manager and guess what?! Manager says - he'll sell it for $210!!!!!!!! Hot Dog!!!!! I am proud to say the least at this moment!!!!! :) So, we say we'll take it! But wait, my friends, 'cause there is more!!!!! Right then another guy walks up to us and starts talking. We (well, I) think he is another customer so I ask him if this is a good lawn mower and is the price good at $210! Now I know that the original price is $379 so it is a darn good deal at $210! I am just asking this in front of the kid to "play" and "maybe" get more off! Well, this guy says yes that it is a good deal and then I realize that he works there at Lowe's! I am soooooooo not observant!!! Anyway, I ask him what he does there at Lowe's and he says he is some kind of assistant manager. So, do I let that one pass on by?! Of course not!!! I say I don't suppose you can come down any LOWER on the price can ya?! LOL!!! Well, he walks over to their computer and farts around for five minutes and I ask the "kid" what the guy is doing. The kid walks over to check and the man (a minute later) tells us $195!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!!!!!!!!!!! They came down on the price AGAIN!!!!!!! Needless to say - I am very proud of myself!!!! This assistant manager had just told me (when I thought he was a customer) that it was a good deal and then sells it to me cheaper when I bargain!!!!! Whew!!!!! HAVE I GOT IT OR WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess my point of this story is: you all need to take me shopping with you 'cause I can help you pay less!!!! I must just have that special charm about me!!!! What can I say!!!!! LOL! :)

4 comments:

Miranda said...

I was waiting for you to say you got it home and it was a real dud, lol.

Yeah, not only should you take Heather shopping w/ you, but also to movies and Cosi. You're guarenteed to get in free or something at some point!!!

NICE

carleta said...

Alright Heather, we are totally hanging out!!! LOL... Hey, Miranda don't jinx the lawnmower lol...

Heather, I am going to try to call you in the morning... I don't know if you have gotten my messages.

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

Hmm...ok last time I saw Heather--she was Hot! But I think these guys had a thing for her...I mean seriously...who lowers the price because some random woman asks you to?????

Miranda said...

wow, now you're not only a smooth talker, but you are Hot and popular!!! ;))