CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 25, 2006

Update on Heath

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that Heath is going back into the hospital again! Some of you may know that they already put a metal piece into his foot about a week or so ago. It is a 6 in. by 1 in. piece of metal with seven screws (one in his ankle) to hold it in place! OUCH!!! He has been in tremendous pain and has been to the doctor. Last week he got a real high fever (he just thought he might be sick), but turns out his foot is infected. He went to the dr. last week when he was sick 'cause his foot started - how do I say this - oozing! YUCK!! The dr. sent him home and he was okay over the weekend, but got real sick again on Sunday (he has actually never been "well" since his foot was hurt). Anyway, the culture came back from last week and he has a staph infection and will be going back to the hospital on Wednesday. The dr. is going to re-open his foot and clean it out and go from there. I went to see Heath on Saturday evening (after Moriah's ninth birthday party - previous post). Mark and I drove to Chillicothe to see Heath and take him a present. We stayed till after midnight and didn't get home till after 1:00 in the morning! Anyway, Heath unwrapped his foot and showed it to us (per my request of course). :) OH MY GOSH!!!!! IT IS NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!! Words cannot describe what his foot looks like! His foot will never be the same! I guess he said that the dr. told him he will always have to take pain medication on and off from here on out! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! I, myself, knew it was bad, but not that bad! It looks awful! And it was all red and oozy from the infection! I feel so bad for him! And I am also a little more scared at this point! We figured he would be on the way to recovery by now and it's like he is back at square one AGAIN! So, please keep my brother in your prayers! And Stacey, too (his girlfriend)! She is working long hours and taking care of him and she was sick over the weekend, too!
And btw, I was sick today myself!!! No one is immune!!! LOL! :)
Hope all is going well for everyone! Thanks for your prayers!
Love ya!!!

3 comments:

carleta said...

AWWW! Poor Heath! Tell him we are all praying for him! That has got to be terrible... I know I don't do good when I have been on bed rest so I can just imagine how that has to be going through that much pain!Hopefully once they get the infection out he can start to heal properly... you guys take care!

Miranda said...

That's not a great prognosis is it?! I can't believe he'll have to be on pain meds for life!! That will be rough. I feel so bad for him. Isn't that strange that I was telling you it could be a staff infection and it turned out to be one?? I'm glad they caught it and are taking care of it!! If there is anything we can do (besides praying), let us know!!

Carrie said...

Sorry to hear that about Heath. I can't even begin to imagine how painful that would be. I guess it that situation you just have to stay positive!