CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Snickers Moment! :)

Okay - most of you already know this story (sorry to repeat). I can't think of anything else to blog and when that happens I just think of an embarrassing moment and presto! A STORY!!! :) So, here it is (in my own words): I am about 25 or 26 years old. I am given the responsibility of teaching the one and two year olds for VBS at Pickaway Church. I like kids and so I am happy to help. Plus, I am lazy, and you mostly just play with the kids this age anyway! LOL! So, we (Mark and I) have about five little ones that come regularly for all five days. We have a good time and the week is nearing end. For those of you who might not know - at the end of VBS - the parents come to see a show (put on by the kids). Each class does their "skit" to show what they have learned that past week (about Jesus)! :) At this point you may be thinking, "what skit could the one and two year olds do?" I thought the same thing, but lucky for me, my mom had the cutest answer! She had babysat little kids for years and had lots of cute ideas up her sleeve! She suggested we have the little ones hold up little snicker candy bars and sing, "I love Jesus better than Snickers and Snickers are really good!" You sing it four times and the fourth time you end with: "I love Jesus - better than Snickers!" Sounds cute and adorable for the wee ones to do!!! I thought so, too! LOL! Well, the big night arrives and it is our turn to go on stage! The lights are down low with the spotlight on us..........okay, so I'm exaggerating a tad......anyway, Mark and I lead the wee ones on stage. Mark stays on one side and I stay on the other. There are five wee ones getting ready to sing! Yeah, right!!! The wee ones just stand there as "I" start singing and, thankfully, Mark sings along with me!!! Thank goodness b/c I CANNOT sing! Plus, the church is full - full of VBS parents. And a lot of these parents don't go to church regularly. That is kinda what VBS is for. You introduce church to children and their families who don't know about it or just haven't taken the time to go. By going to VBS, the kids get to see how much fun church is! So.....Mark and I are singing (Mark following my lead, of course). I have sung about two verses (out of the four) when I look up and see my mom all disgruntled and mouthing something to me! I am thinking, "woman, can't it wait? Can't you see I am kinda busy singing right now?" I am thinking this as I am watching her and singing the third verse. And then I realize......it just hits me........I don't know how or why, but.......I am singing........."I love SNICKERS BETTER THAN JESUS 'CAUSE SNICKERS ARE REALLY GOOD!" I have sung it this way for three out of four verses!!!!! And, stupid Mark, he just sang right along with me!!!!! Duh!!!!!! Thank the Lord above that I figured out what my mom was mouthing to me!!!! At least I sang the fourth verse right!!!!! LOL!!!!! To this day I am not sure how many people caught it!!! More than not - I am sure!!!! :) I learned from this experience to laugh at myself!!!! I mean - come on - IT WAS FUNNY!!!!! It STILL is funny whenever I think of it!!! Can you imagine what some people thought?! Certainly, they knew it was a mistake?! Oh Well. I just know it was funny and sometimes you just gotta laugh!!! :) Oh, and for the record, Mark had NO IDEA we had sung it wrong AT ALL until I told him!! Doof!!!! But then again, for those of you who paid attention to the story, you could say that I was a doof, too! Not just b/c I sang it wrong (I was the lead, you know), but b/c I didn't know I was singing it wrong, either, until my mom told me! LOL! :)))))
My point for today (I usually have one): LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE!!!!!!!!!! LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TOO!!!!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

ROFL.....

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

You are great. Thats how I always remembered who you were "I love snickers better than Jesus!"

Miranda said...

The funny thing a/b this blog to me..(b/c I laugh a/b that story all the time)..."woman, can't it wait?" Great line, LOL LOL