CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The One Where I Go To The Dentist

Okay - I just know that you are all sitting there waiting to read my blog! You have been patiently waiting all day to hear my latest dentist story! Well, sorry to disappoint you guys, but I have no story for today! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now who in their right mind believed that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! :) I ALWAYS have a story to tell! And today is no different! :) Yes, I did go to see the dentist today (for those two cavities I have) and, yes, Mr. Friggin' Good Lookin' was the one to fix them! Lucky me, huh?! Well, the technician takes me back and within a few minutes Mr. FGL walks in! And, yes, he is just as handsome without his mask, but I could just look at those eyes all day!!!! So, he lowers the seat ALL the way back (way farther back than when they are cleaning your teeth - it felt a little weird laying completely back that far). I could make a crack about this part alone, but I will let it go! :) I think they lay ya back that far b/c they are giving you a shot in your mouth. Oh, first (before he laid me back) he swabbed a Q-tip in my mouth which started to make it a teensy bit numb (this makes the shot less painful). We made small talk (and I said a lot of stupid stuff) - for example, I said I wasn't gonna chew gum anymore - like that is true! That sounds like something a little kid would say after getting hurt ("I'm not gonna ride my bike ANYMORE!" the kid would say after falling off)! As soon as I say these goofy things (out loud) I have to ask myself why I said it! :) Anyway, he gets all ready with his mask and all and the next thing I know there is a HUGE needle headed my way!!!! And towards my face of all places!!! Not fun! Then, Mr. FGL has me open my mouth and says that it might pinch a little. Now I have had shots several times in my mouth before, but I tell ya! I'm not sure if it was because of Mr. FGL or what, but I barely felt it at all! He gave me two shots and I thought he was done (one on top for the top cavity and one on bottom for the bottom cavitiy). But no! He starts coming at me again with ANOTHER needle! And I say, "another one?!" And he says, "oh, yeah, we're not done yet!" And I get one more shot to say the least. I must say - they let me sit there after that while it got numb and it got numb pretty fast! That whole side of my face was numb!!!! Even my eye!!! I had to ask, of course, if that was okay - was my eye supposed to feel this way?! Oh, yeah, when he told me that I had to sit there and wait for it to get numb I go and say, "out in the waiting room?" and he says "oh, no, you're staying here." It is almost as if he knows I am nervous and plays with me - ya know?! So, I know this is long, what can I say?! :) You gotta love me!!! So, it gets numb and he comes back in with the technician - dang her - can't I have two minutes alone with Mr. FGL!!!! She follows him everywhere! I know, I know - she is just doing her job - but she better back off from my man (my man, that is, in my fantasy world). Don't tell Mark!!!!!!! LOL! Just kidding! They set me back (normal) this time so it feels better. Then he starts drilling. It only takes a few minutes and he is done and he even says to me "all done" - but do I just let him do his job and take his word for it?! Of course not! It only felt like he did the bottom tooth - so I say, "what about the top one?" And he says, "what about it?" I say, "what about my cavity on top?" And it seems as if he is getting a kick out of not answering me so I say, "don't you have to do the top?" And he finally says with a slight grin "we already did it - it's done!" Can you believe it?! I had no idea! I seriously thought they had only done the bottom one! So, once again, I feel STUPID!!!!! LOL! :) At least I get a kick out of myself, too! Do you know that when he laid the seat back in the beginning I say (b/c it felt so awkward) - I say, "I'm pretending I''m on vacation." WhatEVER - you big doofus Heather!!!!! Instead of saying, "this feels awkward like a normal person would say - I have to say that! I must mention as well that the technician was NOT very friendly! She just did her job and didn't talk much! At least Mr. FGL toys with me and gives me something to feel stupid about! :) Anyway, my mouth is still (as I type this) completely numb and it is several hours later. He numbed me good!!!!! (No pun intended - I just can't help it - that is funny)!!!! ROFL!!!!!! Somebody stop me!!!!! :) I know you guys will be disappointed, but this will be the end of my dentist stories for awhile. No more appts. until February (I'm sure there will be "one" more story then). I just don't seem to be able to go ANYWHERE and NOT have a story to tell! I just tell myself I'm special!!!! :) The truth is more like I talk too much! If I just said nothing, then there would be a lot less embarrassing moments! That is for sure! But what would you guys have to read and talk about then? Life would be soooooo boring! So, for now, I think I'll keep on talking! :) It may be embarrassing, but it sure makes life more fun!!! And it gives me many stories to tell! I usually end up having some kind of point so here is one for today: Don't be afraid to talk! It is way better to talk (and sometimes get embarrassed), than to say nothing at all! I must say - I have met all kinds of people and learned a lot by talking! Just don't be too afraid and be too shy to make conversation with people! I always feel good in the end after making conversation (even when I'm embarrassed). Life is short - make the most of it!!!!
P.S. And people are busy living their own life. So, when you end up doing or saying something dumb - it is okay - people will go on and it will make for great "conversations" in the future! :)

1 comments:

Miranda said...

I can SOOOOOO picture this all in my mind...

Can't wait to read the book. The dentist chapter is going to be a good one!!!! ;))