CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Some Good Advice I Read

Okay - I have had a long, hard week myself, but got an email that perked me up! :) It literally brought tears to my eyes! I was sitting at my computer reading it with giant tears coming down my face! I'm not sure, but I think I forwarded it - so, Miranda, you may already have read it, too. Basically, it just reminded me to appreciate life! Life in every way! Here were some examples it gave: 1)when you hear the alarm in the morning and if you are like most people (and groan) - say a prayer of thanks that you can hear that alarm! 2)when you see the morning light and grumble for more time - say a prayer of thanks that you can see! 3)when you don't feel like getting out of bed (b/c you are tired) - be thankful that you have the strength to rise! 4)when the mornings are crazy and you are running around trying to get yourself and/or everyone ready - be thankful that you have a family! 5)if your house doesn't look like the magazines or your neighbors (all spotless) - say a prayer of thanks for this as well! And, finally, 6)when you feel like your job is monotonous - say a prayer of thanks for that, too! Because there are many who can't hear; many who can't see; many who can't get out of bed (bedridden); many who are lonely (with no family); many who have no home; and last, many who have no job! For some reason this email was so touching! Just a reminder to be thankful for ALL that I have!!! Oh, and I saved the best for last! The very last thing it said was this, "BE KINDER THAN NECESSARY FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING SOME KIND OF BATTLE!" Wow!!!!! It truly hit home for me! God is saying that YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO KIND!!!!!! Anyway, I just wanted to pass it on b/c it was inspiring to me! I hope you guys like it, too!

4 comments:

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

AAWWW Heather I hope you get to feeling better. I HAAATTEE migrains. I had one at school yesterday and the nurse let me lay down. Everyone is getting them though. Miranda was too!
Anyway I'm praying for you! Get better! =)

carleta said...

I HATE migrains!!! The only way, I can make them go away is 4 advil, dark room, cold cloth on my head and no one talk or make any noise... I might be caffeine but, stress adds to it too! So you need a relaxing weekend...
If your not at school on Friday, we will get your fingerprints later! Take care of yourself!!! I hope Jacob is all better! :)

Miranda said...

Sometimes, if you really stop and think about it, being nice to someone or doing something kind for someone, or even just stopping to be thankful is enough to change the direction of your whole day. I mean, it can really lift your spirits!! It's a good lesson for us all.

Hope you get that "stress-free" weekend!! ;))

carleta said...

Well, today I am thankful for the rain. They cancelled the police and fire dept at school, so we are doing fingerprinting and stuff Mon. Maybe you guys will feel better and make it then.....