CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Oh, No, I Didn't! :)

Oh, yes, I did!!!! LOL! I have a real funny story to tell and the funniest part is that it happened TODAY!!!!!!! :) Okay - by now you all know that I am working at the pre-school (in Commericial Point) as a helper to the 4 and 5 year old class. Jacob and I are liking it and adjusting pretty good. What more could we ask for?! Sweet kids, great teachers and lots of learning mixed with tons of fun! Anyway, back to main topic. First off, you must know that Jackson and I overslept this morning. We woke up and it was 7:40!!!! His bus comes by 7:45! Naturally, he missed the bus!!! Soooooo - we get dressed and ready as fast as we can and at the very last minute we wake up Jacob (Jacob had had a long nap the day before and, therefore, couldn't sleep that night and was up till after midnight)! I know - INSANE!!! Needless to say, I figured Jacob would be a bear so I woke him up as late as possible. To my surprise, Jacob did very well and got ready fairly easy and quickly, too. Sooooo - we all pile into the car and we drive Jackson to his school where we check in as "tardy." Thanks to me!!! :) I am the mom - I should have gotten up!! Oh Well. It's not the end of the world or anything! LOL! So, we drop Jackson off and go on our merry way to pre-school! So far - so good! I get about halfway there when I realize that I am on "E"! And I don't mean "E" for entertainment television - I mean "E" for EMPTY!!!!! I am practically out of gas!!!!!! So what do I do? Hmmmm. This is Heather we are talking about so there are so many possibilities! :) I am thinking that I am already late due to taking Jackson to school. I don't want to be any later than I already am! I look back at my gas gauge and I notice I have a teensy bit. Now - I am familiar enough with Commercial Point to know that there is a gas station right by the school (about a block away). Sooooo - I figure I can make it to Commercial Point and since there is a gas station right there - I can get gas when I leave pres-school instead of on my way. Pretty good plan! I thought so, too! Sooooo - Jacob and I get to school and things are good! We have a fun day and I must say it went very quickly! So, the time comes to leave and we say bye to everyone and head off to our car. We get in and drive to the gas station and everything is going well. I roll down Jacob's back window so he can watch me get gas and I hop out. I open my gas nozzle and turn around and hit unleaded (yes, I always get the cheap kind). :) It takes a minute, but I suddenly realize that the gas numbers (the price) isn't lit up! Hmmm, I think to myself. Why aren't the gas numbers lit up?! I am confused! I look towards the store and I can't see anyone (it is dim inside so it was hard to tell from where I am). So, I check the gas numbers again and, sure enough, they are still not lit up. What is going on? I ask myself. I finally after a few minutes think this isn't right. I tell Jacob that I will be right back (the front door is only a few steps away) and I walk to the door. When I get to the door - yep, that's right - it is locked! Does this clue me in?! Of course not! I am thinking what could be going on?! Did they take a lunch break?! I figure it doesn't really matter b/c, either way, I'm not getting gas here. I am a tad bit annoyed just b/c I know I am on "E" and can't think of any other gas station close by. That certainly isn't MY fault that I am low on gas and waited to the last minute to get some more! It is anybody else's fault, but definately not mine! LOL! Soooooo, as I am walking away from the store I notice that the shelves look empty! I am floored! Does this mean this gas station is closed permanently?! I still don't know as I write this, but am dying to know!!!! LOL! Can my Ashville buddies clue me in b/c I am a little slow! :) I mean, come on, who drives up and gets out and opens their tank and tries to start pumping before noticing anything is wrong!!!!! I am telling you - I am totally clueless!!!! And then - my first thought is that the store workers took a lunch break or something! LOL! Anyway, I was telling my friend this story earlier and realized that I just HAD to blog it!!!!
Let me know what is up with the Commercial Point gas station?! Curious minds would like to know! And for those wondering - I made it back to Grove City at Hoover and 665 and got my gas there! :) And one last question if you don't mind: is there any closer station to Commercial Point besides Grove City or Ashville?! I couldn't think of any, but then again, I am the clueless one!!! LOL!!! :)
Oh, and this is priceless! As I am leaving Commercial Point - driving down Hoover towards Grove City - I look out my rearview mirror and notice my gas door hanging open and the cap just hanging there, too! I totally forgot to put it back and shut the door! PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

5 comments:

Miranda said...

:)) You would be the best kind of person to be stranded on a deserted island with....always wondering and not noticing the "bad" in something first!!! LOL...hey, how could you know the silly gas station closed up. It's not like you hung out in Comm. Pt. this year b/f working there! (we'll overlook the part a/b not noticing it was closed for awhile)

Miranda said...

Oh, and I thought you were going to blog a/b the little boy who told the class his "F" word today!! LOL LOL

carleta said...

ROFL!!! Yes, Heather the Point is Closed.........LOL!!! If you would have went towards Ashville on 762 just before you get out of Commercial Point there is a little carry-out on the left with a pump...
Oh, well... we all have our "Heather moments"

Miranda said...

We do????

LOL

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

Ha YES WE DO!