CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 18, 2006

Oops! I Did it Again! :)

Okay - this story happened the same day as the lawn mower incident! I swear I have new stories to blog every day and usually more than one! LOL! I must just have a nice big "I am a goof" cloud that follows me everywhere I go! But I don't mind - it just gives me more material to write! :) So, here goes: as Mark and I are leaving the Pickaway Fairgrounds we (well, more me) decide that I am thirsty. Conveniently, there is a UDF right there! Yeah, my favorite carry-out! Anyway, we both go in to pick out a nice little snack! We pick out our snack and the cashier rings up our items. I am ready to sit down and "chow down" so I grab my stuff (Mark is paying so I told him I would meet him in the car). Now a little background information (don't really know if it needs to be told, but I don't want to leave anything out). I drove to UDF from the fairgrounds, but Mark was going to drive from there on (so I could eat better)! No comments, please! LOL! :) So, as I was coming out of UDF I told Mark that I would sit on the passenger side (I guess it was then that I informed him that he would be driving). Now, remember, he is still paying as I walk out the door. So, I walk right on out the door and right up to the passenger side of my truck - well, what I THOUGHT was my truck and I reach for the handle. As I am reaching for the handle I notice that the passenger window is down (and I am thinking why would Mark leave the window down? I didn't notice him leave his window down when we got out? Why would he leave it down when I took precautions to make sure the car was locked b/c we had some of our camera equipment still in there). I wasn't mad or anything - these thoughts were just going through my mind as I reach for the handle. It all happened so very quickly! :) So, as I am reaching for the handle and thinking these thoughts - I finally look up (thank goodness)! And what do I see?! I nice young man looking back at me!!!! A young guy was in the driver's seat and I was now facing him eye to eye 'cause his window is down and I am reaching for his door handle!!!! So, I start laughing so hard and tell him that I almost got into his car!!! He was sweet and said that would have been okay! I said wouldn't you have just died if I had just opened your door and hopped on in?! He just laughed with me and said it would have been fine! I am telling you ----- it was SOOOOOOO FUNNY! And for the record - my truck was parked right beside his! I think since I was driving and then when I came out I wasn't going to the driver's side (I was going to the passenger's side this time) - anyway, I think it sorta got me disoriented! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! When Mark got out to the car he could tell something was up and was like - so, what did you do now?! He knows me too well!!!! LOL! I swear I don't do these things on purpose! These things just seem to happen to me everywhere I go! Oh well. My stories are always interesting to say the least. I hope you enjoy them and maybe my stories will make people smile!!!
Love ya!

2 comments:

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

LOL! I've done something like that before. It was funny cuz it was mom and me! If I remember right it was when I was a cheerleader (I blame this whole thing on the title) and we were coming out of the Cheer Center (where I use to cheer). I looked out and saw "the car" and ran to it...mom only a couple of steps behind. We were both talking and such and I pulled open the door, got in, sat down, AND put my seatbelt on. As I am doing this Mom has opened the door and sat down. She was like "Ummmm.." I was like "Yeah this ain't our car!!" We had opened it and sat down! LOL! It wasn't near our car or anything. I don't know...it was the same car we had though...Idk I guess I've had a "Heather moment" too! ROFL

carleta said...

See when you have kids they tell all your secrets! Oh well....

I hope Jacob is feeling better!!! Call me and let me know about the classes!