CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Dentist :(

Okay - today Jackson and I had our bi-annual dentist appointment. Now I happen to know lots of people who absolutely HATE the dentist (I am not one of those people), but I also know people who don't mind the dentist (they don't particularly enjoy going - who does? - but they don't hate it, either). Anyway, Jackson, thankfully, doesn't seem to mind going. That's good for me (less trouble getting him there)! :) Jack seems to do well. He is just happy to get to pick out a toy at the end. :) If only it were that easy for us adults! I guess, for me, the dentist isn't so bad. I totally do not like the x-ray part. I seem to always gag, but I have learned to use my OCD and count during that part (believe it or not - it helps). I generally don't mind the poking and prodding until they "accidentally" scrape my gum a bit too hard. Otherwise - I don't have much to complain about. Jackson and I have been having our dentist appointments together pretty much since he was three (he is now eight). It has been nice having a partner to go with me. I stop and think about what it will ever be like when he doesn't come with me anymore (that is a long time away from now - but I still think it sometimes). I don't like the thought of that too much! I am used to him coming with me! I LIKE him coming with me! So, anyway, today we decided to take along little brother Jake. He is three now himself and will need an appointment soon as well. I have found that bringing smaller children to watch someone else go to the dentist helps. We did this with Jack and it was so successful that we are now doing it with Jake! Jake watched his big brother get his teeth cleaned and seemed very interested and said that next time it would be his turn. So far so good (we will see when "next time" gets here). So, Jack is sitting in the room beside me and I can hear that he is almost done with his exam. Me, on the other hand, not so fast! I have been having trouble with one of my lower back teeth and I talked to the technician about it (sometimes when I chew gum I get a horrible sensation like I just touched a nerve)! It hurts and then I don't chew on that side anymore! :) The technician seemed to think it was nothing and that it was probably just what it felt like - a sensation - no big deal (I had asked if it could be a cavity or was I going to need a root canal). He assured me that was unlikely. So, my exam is almost over and the dentist comes in to check me out (ha ha - my teeth - not me)! LOL! He asks which tooth had been bothering me and the technician and I both told him (they called it tooth #19) and guess what?!!! Lucky me not only has a cavity on the tooth that has been bothering me, but also on another one as well (they called the other one tooth #15). Can you friggin' believe it?!!!!! I can't!!!!! I was so embarrassed! The technician and dentist kept reassuring me not to be embarrassed, but, of course, I was. I was expecting to have the one, but not the other and for some reason that embarrasses me! Oh Well! I'll live! This is just one more story for me to tell. :) But, alas, when you think, "Okay, she is done! Thank goodness!" Oh, no, there is more! And this is the part you will like! :) Here goes: my dentist just so happens to be VERY good-looking! I know, I know, but it is true. I have to usually try and not look at him b/c I get embarrassed just looking at him! I can not even believe I am telling you this!!!! He always has his mask on, but his eyes are to die for! :) So, when the dentist comes in to check me out (ha, ha) he asks me if I chew gum (I think I had told the technician this). I said "yes" and he said "what kind?" Now - remember - I am already nervous around this handsome guy and I must admit I don't totally understand the question. What does he mean, "what kind?" So I say, "I don't know" and then there is a pause at which I finally say, "do you really want to know what kind?" and he says "yes, I really want to know what kind" and I say "I can't think of the names - I chew all different kinds" and he says "is it sugar?" and I say "oh, yeah!" and he says "that would do it" meaning the cavity. Whew! Did ya follow all of that?! It was a simple question, but he gets me so flustered by his handsome good looks that I make a fool of myself!!! Oh, yes, and he also asks me when he first sits down why my face is so scrunched up?! :) And the truthful answer would be "b/c I am trying not to look at you!" But I can't say that! I am almost to the point where I am just going to tell him how good-looking he is! Maybe this will turn the tables and he can feel a little embarrassed (like I am really gonna do that)? So, my last thought for the day is this: I have an appointment to get my cavities filled next Wednesday (please be thinking of me). I totally hope I get the other dentist to fill them (there is more than one dentist in the office, but I usually get the one)! How in the world am I gonna sit there and have Mr. Good-Lookin' fill my cavities?! Oh, well, more material for my blog, I guess. And for those who might be wondering - yes, Mark knows I think my dentist is hot! Mark also knows that I am just goofy and he doesn't take it seriously (nor do I).
Well, I hope you have enjoyed my story and keep me in mind next week on Wednesday! Maybe I will have a new story to tell!!!!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I have a tendency to gag when they do x-rays on me too. My orthodontist told me a long time ago to grab a hold of the arm rests and lift my feet off the chair just a little. This makes you concentrate on feet and not gagging. It does work and they don't notice your feet unless you lift them way up in the air...but then again their reactions might be good blog material!

Carrie said...

Oh, but that doesn't help with the hot dentist...

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

lol Good one Cari. Yeah well I don't have that problem Heather--sorry. My dentist and orthodontist are not attractive! But I do have to say...you always have great stories to tell!

Miranda said...

Just don't give him any notes...LOL :))