CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 18, 2006

My Confession

Okay! I have a little confession to make about something from my past! I have already revealed it to a "few" people, but I have decided to put it out there for good (for the blog world to see). For some reason this blogging feels like therapy or something. I feel good after writing or telling my tales. And, btw, don't get too excited, this "confession" isn't that big a deal - it is more funny than anything! Here goes: once again this happened when I was in 12th grade (I know - I am an old fogey now). :) Anyway, I worked at Burger King in the South End for several years and I really enjoyed it! There were a lot of "cool" kids that worked there (it's true) - we were cool back then! Don't laugh! :) Well, two pretty cool guys were the "Eramo" brothers! Jason was the oldest (a couple yrs. older than us) and had dated my good friend. His younger brother, Eric, was my age and was the one I really liked. Well, prom season comes along (I, of course, had no boyfriend and wasn't into dances like that anyway). Well, Jason is still in love with my friend so he and she decide to go as friends and ask me and Eric to go as friends as well. So, that is what happens. A whole group of us goes as friends and I remember having a real nice time! What can I say - Eric was hot and I was his date! Not too shabby for me I must say! :) After prom I remember the guys dropping me and my friend off at her house (I spent the night there). Those Eramo brothers were such good guys! I often think of them and wonder what they are doing today! I just have fond memories of them!
So, a few days later (after the prom) I go to work one Saturday. There was a real jerk who worked there who I think was named Kenny. He was just a trouble maker and I always tried to avoid him whenever possible. Anyway, Kenny starts in on me with questions about the prom and such. He starts saying crap like, "I heard you and Eric had a good time after the prom!" Meaning - you know what! He was insinuating that we had been together and had sex! He kept at me trying to make me upset (I guess I was kinda a goody two shoes), but I was just a nice, sweet, girl who he knew was a little shy (back then) and he wanted a rise out of me! Well, I got tired of listening to him and I finally said back to that jerk, "So, what if we did? What's it to you?" Well, guess what?! That jerk backed off once and for all! He stopped bothering me after that! Ha! Ha! It felt good, too! The sad, but kinda funny part, comes now. Later that day (I am working the drive-thru) - Eric comes through and orders and comes to my window to pay. He is so sweet and says he has heard some rumors going around about what happened after prom. He said he was sorry and he wanted me to know that he didn't start those rumors (like some guys do). It was so sweet and truly touched me! The bad part is that I never told him that Kenny had started it all by running his mouth and worse, yet, I didn't deny it to Kenny myself! To this day I kinda feel like I egged Kenny on (made him think it was true by saying, "so what if we did"). And I never told any of this to Eric! Here Eric is apologizing and I wasn't upset at all. I should have told him what happened so he wouldn't have felt bad. The truth is that back then I really was shy! I would have been sooooooo embarrassed to have that conversation with Eric! And I only said what I said to Kenny b/c he wouldn't let up! I was shy, but I could stand up for myself when pushed too far! Anyway, I will always have fond, fond memories of the Eramo brothers! They were truly good guys and they both made me feel special back then! I know what I did was a "tiny" thing generally speaking, but I have always remembered it and it makes me smile. How hard it might have been (I think it would have to be even for the guy) to apologize to me for a rumor like that going around! If only he knew that I probably helped that rumor along! Oh Well.
I am really enjoying writing about my past and getting my thoughts written down. It sort of frees the soul! And comments are welcomed!!!!
Tomorrow is Friday - so have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Miranda said...

It's like a reversal of roles!! lol, not sure I heard that one although you've told me stories a/b the brothers and your crushes. Oh the funny things we did as teenagers! Your stories are like therapy for me too. Some of the things I did or said don't seem so bad now!! LOL, just kiddin'

Carrie said...

Sorry, but that is too funny...
Good for you for standing up for yourself even though you helped prolong the rumor...too funny!!
Ahh, high school...glad it's over, but I kind of miss some things

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

lol Ahhh the drama in High School. Even though I am a junior in High School I try REEEAL hard to dodge all the drama. But I do enjoy reading your blogs. Quite funny! I agree with Miranda...they act as therapy to me too!

carleta said...

Well, that is a good one! High school? yeah that has been a Long time ago.... but, you never forget. Just think it won't be that long and you will see your boys doing the same things...Even though it is over for us.... It seems to keep coming back.LoL