CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hannah Montana

That's right! I am a "Hannah Montana" fan! :) I am sure some of you are thinking, "Who in the world is Hannah Montana?!" Well, I probably wouldn't know myself, except for the fact that I have an eight year old who watches the Disney Channel religiously! :) Hannah Montana is a new show on the Disney Channel starring Miley Cyrus. Miley Cyrus is the daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus (yes, I was also a Billy Ray Cyrus fan in my day - who could forget Achy Breaky Heart?). Anyway, my son, Jackson started watching the show and, of course, I noticed and I must say, it is the cutest show!!!!! I really like it and that Miley can really sing! It has become a family favorite that we all watch together (FYI - Mark likes it, too). LOL! Seriously, tho, it is a good, clean, approriate show for children and I thought I would pass the word on. For those of you who wouldn't ordinarily watch the Disney Channel - I would encourage you to tape it and check it out. In the end, the show always has a moral that we could all learn from. Adults and children alike.
My vote for the show: TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!! :)
Check it out and let me know what ya think?!
Oh, btw, a quick little story (I know I have a lot of them). Anyway, my mom used to stop every Sunday morning and pick up a handicapped woman to take her to church. My mom would do this, faithfully, every single Sunday for a long time. This handicapped woman could hardly walk (she had something wrong with her legs). She would sometimes be in a wheelchair, but more often than not, she used crutches (which I always thought was more of a pain b/c she took so long). That might sound harsh to say, but I did get tired of waiting and helping her (something I regret now). Anyway, this little handicapped woman was someone in life who was generally passed over. We, as a society, just do that. We don't mean to, but we do. I am not laying blame - I am just stating a fact (one that I am guilty of as well). It is probably b/c we feel uneasy and also don't know what to say (we have been taught not to stare) so it is just hard. I tend to look the other way and say a little prayer of thanks that my children are healthy! Whew. Back to main topic! LOL! This woman - who was handicapped - who could barely walk - her legs were funny - she was hard to understand - had the intellect of a young child - and, how do I say this nicely - she sometimes smelled bad (I think it was hard to bathe her). You see, her mom took care of her and didn't have a lot of help. It was probably hard lifting her and such. And, again, I don't mean it in a cruel way - I am just trying to get my point across. So, here is the point, and it has to do with "Hannah Montana!" On the show "Hannah Montana" Billy Ray Cyrus plays Miley's dad. My mom told me a story recently (about Billy Ray) that I don't remember or didn't know. Either way - it was sooooooooooo touching I wanted to pass it on! This handicapped woman loved Billy Ray Cyrus (this was back when he was in style). She got to go to one of his concerts and sit down in front in her wheelchair. And do you know what happened?! Billy Ray came down and gave her a hug!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!! What a testimony!!!!! I LOVE the story! He made her day! Since I have just recently heard this story myself (coincidentally at the same time I found the show) - I am a huge Billy Ray fan again as well. I think he shows character and love and goodness in a way that I hope to duplicate!
Go ahead and check out the show!
Let me know what you think! :)

2 comments:

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

wow you update constantly! lol but i love it! what would i do one day if i checked and you hadnt updated!?
sounds like a good show ;)
i'll update tomorrow--1st day of school tomorrow--bedtime
Good night! :)

Miranda said...

I remember her!! What ever happened to her?? I like the points you make. After working w/ MR/DD groups for sooo long, I feel a special place in my heart for people w/ disabilities. Anyone who takes the time to care for any other human being...young, old, abled, disabled...should be commended! It's not always easy to put others first, but it's a good feeling if you do!