CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Misunderstandings

Well, my last blog got me to thinking (I just took a shower so I had plenty of time to think). Anyway, I remembered something that happened while we were in the Hocking Hills with Mark's family earlier this month (which, btw, was a wonderful time). Well, on our last day of vacation with Mark's family - several of us got to go horse back riding (not everyone wanted to go). I, certainly, was at the top of the list for WANTING to go. Well, the day to go riding finally comes and five of us went (Mark, Jackson, myself, my brother-in-law, Jeff and his daughter (my niece) Jade). We went and had a fabulous time! It was the longest horse ride I have ever had! And it was just so much fun! What can I say?! It doesn't take much to please me! LOL! :) So, here is the part about misunderstandings (b/c more often than not I always have a point)! LOL! The guide had told us that whenever we wanted to stop and take pictures we could. All we had to do was tell her and she would stop. We got to choose where to take the picture (like which area we thought was a good place). Nice, huh?! I thought so! Well, somewhere at about the middle of the horse ride we decided to go ahead and take the picture. We had found a pretty place with nice trees and a lake in the background. Well, the horse back guide just happened to be a young girl (about sixteen). So, to her credit, she gets off of her horse and starts trying to line our horses up for the picture. Well, it was a real nice idea, but you know animals, they don't always do what we want them to! And this day was no different. These horses refused to stand where she wanted them to stand! It was actually kind of funny in retrospect! :) So, the horses are, at this point, standing in "5" different directions. So - being the outgoing one that I am - I finally say, "Let's just take the picture like this!" As you all know I am totally into pictures and 1) the horses WERE NOT going to cooperate and 2) it would end up being a unique picture with the horses in all different directions - so I was happy (which was all that mattered). LOL! Well, my brother-in-law is a real nice, but quiet guy who was just sitting there on his horse not saying much and doing what he was told. So, being the funny one that I am, I look over and say to him, "Jeff just wants to get this over with!" And then I laugh! Well, the guide takes a couple pictures for us and right after that Jeff says to me, "I'm not in a hurry - I am having a fun time." I paused 'cause I was like, "huh?" and then I realized - he meant that he is enjoying the horse back ride - he thinks that is what I was talking about when I said that Jeff wants to get this over with (the horse ride). And that is totally NOT what I meant! I meant the PICTURE! LOL! And, I also was joking. So - I say to him as I'm laughing, "Oh, I know, I meant the picture." So the thought did cross my mind later - do people always "get" what I mean?! Probably not! This was just a little example, but I think it says it all! You can say and mean one thing and someone else takes it the wrong way! They take it in a way that you didn't mean at all! So, once again, my point is this: Try and realize that sometimes your thoughts are your own. And give people a chance sometimes b/c maybe, just maybe, there was a misunderstanding! Ya know what I mean?! Heather has left the building - Good Night! (That is a phrase from the show "Frasier" - he says it at the end of every epidsode)! Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

1 comments:

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

LOL I totally understood that whole thing! Quite funny...but that happens to me all the time! HAHA! No one ever gets what I'm talking about...