CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Stubby



Okay - since others (no names) have been posting pics of their special cats - I naturally had to post one of mine own! :) I would now like to introduce my other "son" who we fondly call "Stubby." And, yes, there is a story behind the name! LOL! We got Stubby about three years ago from the Humane Society. When we went to visit the HS - there were several things Mark and I said this cat would have to have. It would have to be already neutered. It would have to be already declawed. It would have to be at least a couple years old. And last, but not least, it would have to be good with children (we have always had pets at our home, but we have bad luck and we have to end up getting rid of them). Traumatic for children! So - we figured with all of these requirements - our chances were pretty slim of finding one! Not so! Conveniently, the HS had "one" - that's right - just one - that matched all of these necessities! And, of course, we couldn't resist taking him home!!! And he has been a big part of the family ever since! I must say he has lived up to the description of being good with children! Not only my boys, but all of the neighborhood children love our Stubby! He is well known. And he doesn't mind the kids "bugging" him (he is better with the kids than us grown-ups I would say). If I were him - I would run and hide b/c I could!!!!! :) As for his name - that is what his previous owners had named him. I, of course, wanted to change it to Diego (I thought it went well with his black color). I, also, of course, lost out on that! Jackson insisted that we keep his name Stubby and I said okay (this is a story for another blog, but I pick my battles with the kids and this didn't seem like one to fight). :) For those still reading this blog - his full name is "Stubby Diego Archer." Jack and I agreed to make Diego his middle name! See - I am teaching compromise! What a good mother!!!! LOL! And for those "still" reading - the name Stubby came from his tail. I don't think you can notice in these pix, but he has a noticably shorter tail than normal. I didn't see it myself at first, at the HS, but Mark did. When he pointed it out to me - it was like - whoa! :) We have found that some people totally notice and ask about his tail and others either, don't notice, or don't say anything (in which case I, naturally, point it out)! LOL!
One pic is of Jacob this past April (2006) with Stubs and the pic of Jackson with Stubs is from almost a year ago at the end of September (2005). Stubby is just perfect for Halloween! :)
It is really amazing how much these animals become a part of our lives! I think they can really bring comfort in times of need! And animals are smart - I think they know when something is wrong! Anyway, we love our Stubby so I had to post him on my blog! He is my "fourth" son - so I couldn't leave him out (Mark is my third son)! :)
XOXOXO - WE LOVE YOU STUBBY!!!!
P.S. Stubby says to say hi to Mia and Bear! :)

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Bear told me to tell him "hi", but I better not come home w/ any black hairs again!! LOL
Oh, and your kids are soooo cute in these pics...(didn't want to forget that this time :))

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

Your Kids are soo adorable! AWW Heather you are soo amazing! I'm soo glad you started blogging. I'm always giggling as I read through. Dad came in my room earlier today and said "why are you soo happy?" and I said "reading Heather's blog!!!!" I loove you girly and I'm soo excited that you and I are becoming close. I need to head to bed =) I'll update tomorrow!

carleta said...

The kids are definitely the main attraction and well yeah the cat is cool.... lol and I am really surprised bear didn't like attack the monitor.lol Well, ya'll be good and tell Jacob we will see him on Wed.

Carrie said...

Mia thinks she's in heaven w/ you guys posting hunky cat pictures! Your boys are really growing up!