CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 25, 2006

Evening at the Zoo





For those of you who don't know it - I absolutely LOVE the zoo!!! :) We get a zoo pass every year and have been doing so ever since Jackson was one year old. Actually, I credit Jack for my renewed love for the zoo. Before he was born - I hadn't been to the zoo in a long time - and I certainly was oblivious to its beauty whenever I did go! When Jack was about eighteen months old I took him to visit the zoo for his first time (Gramsey - my mom - went with us). All I can say is: after that I had a love for the zoo that I never knew before! The animals are fascinating and, if you take the time to notice, the zoo is beautiful as well. The plants, the trees, the flowers, the water, the waterfalls, etc. are all so peaceful I think. I truly do find a sense of peace and calmness when I am there. My favorite exhibit for the past few years has been the gorillas. They are so much like humans it is amazing! I just have to say that I am so envious of Jane Goodall (getting to work with gorillas in the wild)! Wow! How cool would that be?! Anyway, back to main subject - for those of you who aren't zoo lovers - you may not know, but there is now a new Asian Exhibit with, YES, THAT'S RIGHT.............TIGERS!!!!!!!!!! As you can see by my picture - I have fallen in love!!!!!! I am ashamed to say it, but, I think the gorillas have taken a back seat (at least for the moment)! :) I just absolutely 100% LOVE these tigers (and I am thinking from this picture that the feeling may be mutual) - unless he is just hungry! :) Seriously, though, isn't this the neatest picture?! Mark was taking pictures while I played with the tiger!!!!!! The tiger came right up to the window and licked and he would run and play! He would stand up on his hind legs and put his face right up to me! It is a moment in time that I will never forget!!! It felt truly remarkable!!! It is a moment like this when you realize that there is (if you ever doubted) - there has to be - a God!!!!! To see such a beautiful creature that close to me - to see the detail on his face (not to mention all the different animals to see) - only God could make such unique and special creatures!!!!! As Oprah would say - this is what I know for sure!!! I would like to encourage everyone to visit the zoo! Like I said before - it brings some peace for me - maybe it will do the same for someone else! I hope so!
Oh, and btw, give me a call if you go 'cause I will probably want to tag along! LOL!! :)

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Hey, I'm ready anytime...maybe next Tue. or Thur.??? lol Love the pics...can't wait to see the asian exhibit!!

carleta said...

Beautiful Pics!!! Now I can't wait to go on our preschool fieldtrip... I love the zoo too! Thanks for sharing!

Carrie said...

Nice pictures!!