CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 14, 2006

Take a Look at Myself

Okay - here is my question of the day?! Why is it so easy to see other people's mistakes yet so difficult (impossible almost) to see our own?! Does anyone know what I mean? I have a friend (I'll call Adam) who cracked on someone I care about a lot (I'll call this person Sam). It kinda hurt my feelings because Sam is important to me. I still can't believe that Adam would make the little remarks he does from time to time about Sam. Adam knows that Sam is important to me (it is obvious) - so why would Adam do this?! I can think of reasons such as jealousy, etc., but it all seems so juvenile to me. And the most humorous part is that Adam has someone close to him (we'll call his person Melody) that has made almost the same exact mistakes that my Sam has made!!! Adam would be so hurt if I had ever said these things about Melody! For the record - I would never say anything about Melody b/c we all make mistakes! We are human and we have all messed up in one way or another! It is a part of life! What I don't understand is how Adam can crack on the mistakes my Sam has made, but not have sympathy due to his Melody making the same ones?! Does Adam even see that Sam and Melody are sort of the same? And further more - why would he say what he thinks to me knowing that Sam is special to me?! I just don't get it! It would be easy to say just don't hang with Adam anymore if he is this type of person - but the truth is - Adam is otherwise a wonderful friend as well. Which makes it that much harder! Whew!!! Any comments?! I know it is hard to comment when you don't really know the story! Oh Well.
Anyway, what I have learned from this experience is something for myself! The next time I ever do start to judge someone (even just in my own mind) - I am going to first take a good, long look at myself and the people I love around me! In the end we are "one." LOL! (Lion King)! :) Seriously, let's not judge, but be helpful and loving. And before we look at others - let us take a look at ourselves!
Thanks for listening! This blog thing really helps blow off steam! :)
Love you guys!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I think I follow. But like your statement of not judging! Hey, none of us are perfect...if we were, we wouldn't be living in this world. Sounds like this person should be a lot more considerate of your feelings even if they don't particularly care for the person you mentioned. Hope it gets better.

THE Ms. Stephanie said...

Hmm...Uh well not quite sure I am following...but I got the "most" of it. lol ok well heres my standpoint--I'm along with Miranda. We as humans weren't created for Earth. We were created to be in Heaven to live with God, so therefore Earth is difficult. We will mess up, but thats ok. We're human. LIKE HELLO!? I think judging is done so much by people they don't always realize they're doing it! Fashion is a big one with high school! Its like UGH get over it! But people compare themselves to everyone else. Its almost like human nature. I don't agree with it. But I admitt I do it all the time. I try not to, but there are just somethings that are so difficult. I think its sad, honestly I do. But there are ways about caring yourself. It seems as if your friend "Adam" didn't think. Most people don't. And if this person is a GUY if you try to explain it to him he still probably won't get it. Guys are craaaazy!
But I'll be in prayer. Just pray for your friends! I hope all works out for the best--but everything happens for a reason!....