CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 14, 2006

No One Told Me That!

So, here goes another embarrassing moment in my life! I hope my stories help someone else along the way! :) However funny these stories are now - they were totally embarrassing at the time! Here goes: Mark and I decide to have a baby! Yeah! A sweet little baby! How fun will that be?! And don't get me wrong - having kids, especially a new tiny baby - is wonderful!! Even my pregnancy was easy for me! I loved being pregnant! It has been two of the best times of my life! But............you don't really know everything about pregnancy no matter how many horror stories you hear! Okay - I am 7 months pregnant with Jackson. I go to dinner with my friend and she tells me something that can happen during delivery (that I had never heard before). If the pain of giving birth and being naked in front of so many people isn't bad enough, guess what?! There is more...........and any of you moms out there can totally relate I am sure! I had no idea that you could actually have a "bowel movement" right there in the bed while you are waiting to deliver!!!!!!!!! Yes, my friends, it is true! And I told myself that it was okay because it wouldn't happen to me! :) These are the things we tell ourselves. Well, two months later - 9 months pregnant - I go into delivery. With so much going on around me - I have totally forgotten about the story my friend had told me! I am getting ready to deliver soon and the nurse puts the mirror (on the ceiling) in a position so I can see my baby be born! Cool, huh?! You would think! But while I am waiting - I see something come out of me (I can see it through the mirror)! I am scared, of course (b/c what in the world is happening) - I am naked and in pain and now something is coming out of me down there and it isn't a baby!!! The nurse starts cleaning it up and wiping me. You would think this would remind me and I would have a clue, but NO! So I start asking what in the world is happening down there and NO ONE will answer me! So, do I let it go, oh, no! I keep asking until, finally, my mom tells me in a nice, soft voice that I had a "poop" down there - that is what happened! Again, it is hilarious now, but at the time, I was MORTIFIED!!!!!!! I was naked, in lots of pain and just pooped on the table!!!!! Yes, girls, it is true, you can poop during delivery! No one ever told me that until I was 7 months pregnant and it is true!!! :)
I must say, though, that the end result is totally worth it!!!!! And I don't remember having a bowel movement my 2nd time around! :) I have a totally different story saved for that delivery that I will soon tell! :)
More to come on my embarrassing moments!
Keep checking!

1 comments:

Miranda said...

:)) I'm still hysterically laughing even though I've heard these stories b/f!! You are BRAVE for blogging them!!!! LOL...keep em' coming.